Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revisions on Multiple Sheets

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Mark
3243 Views, 6 Replies

Revisions on Multiple Sheets

Hi

I would like to be able to add a single revision to all sheets at once. For example when doing a major issue of all sheets for building approval. In this case I don't use revision clouds but use the "Revisions on Sheet" function in the properties for the individual sheet. Hence the problem, having to individually select every sheet one by one and add the revision to each sheet. Is there a way to multiple select all or some sheets and just do it once? I've tried doing this through a schedule but that doesn't let you select and change a revision either. Is there an add-in that could do this perhaps?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mark
in reply to: Mark

Anyone?  No answer???

Message 3 of 7
jbc
Enthusiast

Set up your revision sequence. Put a small revision cloud on the first sheet. Then simply copy the revision cloud and paste aligned to selected views and select all the sheets you want to issue. This will copy the revision cloud to each sheet and revision numbers will be updated. Then turn the appropriate revision sequence revision cloud to none (if no revision cloud is required on sheets).

gjettner

Message 4 of 7
David125
in reply to: jbc

So every time I issue a revision to a package I have to copy the new revision to each sheet? I have packages that have 80 90 sheets.  You'd think there would be some way to automate this accross all sheets at once.  With Autocad we use an exref containing all rev data, attach it to each sheet, modify once and all sheets are modified.  If only one sheet is reved then it is exploded and edited. If many sheets are affected we make a new xref.  It would be nice if revit could do that.

Message 5 of 7
peter

Bit late to this discussion but here's my contribution for future reference:

We use a project parameter to show which drawings have been issued in the drawing list schedule (wishlist item: allow the revision / issue to be scheduled!). This allows you to pick which drawings to include from the schedule.

Filter your browser to only show those sheets (filter for the project parameter value you've used). Select all those sheets and apply the 'revision on sheet' to all at once in the properties.

Message 6 of 7
SashKaz
in reply to: peter

Just to add to this discussion....

You can also use an add-on called Ideate BIMLink. What BIMLink allows you to do is export your Revit model data to Excel, manipulate that data in Excel, and then bring that data back in so that your model updates. This also applies to Revisions on Sheets. You can do so many things with BIMLink, including creating hundreds of sheets in a matter of seconds and even create hundreds of rooms quickly. Have a look at these links:

Revisions on Sheets using BIMLink - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrlMbC1evRo

Ideate Software Website - http://ideatesoftware.com/

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Sash Kazeminejad

Ideate, Inc

Message 7 of 7
jfcarchitect
in reply to: jbc

Works very well for me! Than you 'gjettner'. Just the tip that I was looing for. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report