Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision-based Sheet Schedule

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3341 Views, 5 Replies

Revision-based Sheet Schedule

There are several threads on here related to revision schedules, but I'm trying to create some simple schedules that will correctly indicate which sheets were affected by a given revision.  Everything seems pretty cut-and-dry except that I can only find a parameter for the Current Revision. 

So, how do I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

- Alex

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Alex

Assuming that you have issued revisions 1, 2, 3, and 4, and that the latest revision issued on some sheets varies, what exactly would you like to obtain? A list of all sheets where the latest revision was, for example, 2? or something else? If it is what I am assuming, you would need to filter a sheet list schedule by "Current Revision" "equals" "2". The Current revision parameter will show whatever was the latest revision on each sheet.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks for the quick reply Alfredo.

I want to be able to create a schedule for EACH revision that will show a list of the sheets that were revised under that particular revision.  So if sheet A1 was revised under revision #'s 1,2, and 3, then it would show up on all three schedules.

The information is obviously there since it's displayed in our revision schedule embedded in our titleblock, but I just can't figure out how to schedule anything other than the latest revision.

Thanks for your help.

- Alex

Message 4 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

Alex

I don't know of an "automatic" way of extracting that information. I don´t see any other way but this: make as many Yes/No instance project parameters that apply to Sheets as revisions you've had. For example : "Rev 1", "Rev 2", "Rev 3". Then, make a Sheet list schedule including these parameters. In the schedule, you need to manually mark the yes or no in each case. Once you have finished and double checked, make as many duplicates of this schedule as revisions you've had. Name them as "Sheets with Rev. 1", "Sheets with Rev. 2". etc. Then, use a different filter in each schedule, something like: For the "Sheets with Rev. 1" schedule use Filter by "Rev 1" "equals" "Yes". Do a similar filter for the other schedules.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

That's unfortunate news, but I appreciate the advice.

I guess I could mess around the revision dates in order to change which one is "current", but that's a dangerous game to play and too much work for the benefit.

Thanks again.

- Alex

Message 6 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

@Anonymous wrote:

That's unfortunate news, but I appreciate the advice.

I guess I could mess around the revision dates in order to change which one is "current", but that's a dangerous game to play and too much work for the benefit.

Thanks again.

- Alex

You don't have to change the current revision parameter, nor change any dates. It's just that the first time the list of yes/no marks have to be done manually; then, it's a matter of making duplicates and changing a setting in the filter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report