Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Schedule not Sorting by date

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kevinmulvaney
2233 Views, 2 Replies

Revision Schedule not Sorting by date

Has anyone run into a revision schedule sorting improperly? For some reason it seems this particular schedule is sorting by month and ignoring the year.

Any ideas on how to sort this by year like you would think would happen.

Kevin Mulvaney, CAD/Revit Manager
PKA ARCHITECTS
Portland Oregon
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: kevinmulvaney

That's because that field is not of a "Date" format, Revit sees it as a text string. This means it will be sorted in alphabetical order because Revit does not interpret it as a chronological date. If order for Revit to read it "correctly", you'd have to input the date as "YY-MM-DD".

Do you have a situation in which sorting by Revision Sequence will not suffice?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
kevinmulvaney
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That make some sense, it would be nice to format that field as a Date instead of text, but now that I understand the issue I can work with it.

Not using the sequence to sort was more for project flexibility. If we could sort by date then the sequence doesn't matter, just saves the issue of moving sequences with lots of clouds if RFI's come mid stream of an ASI.

I also don't really like using hidden parameters, but that's my deal.

Thanks for the clarification.

Kevin Mulvaney, CAD/Revit Manager
PKA ARCHITECTS
Portland Oregon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report