Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse Plan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
547 Views, 2 Replies

Reverse Plan

HELP!!! I have a client who decided to build a house on another lot... Plan needs to be reversed.... plan is complete... Plan is drawn in Revit 6.1 Is there an easy way to accomplish this? I have ADT 3.3 & ADT 2005. when I reverse the model everything moves... (i.e.drafting components) Can anyone walk me thru this mine field Thanks Doug
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

For this particular application, I would be most likely to just export the 2D views to DWG and then link them back into a new Revit project to maintain the associativity of section/callout/detail bubbles and then you will have to redo the notes...but you should be able to cut and paste from the old project and just move them around. I think this would be the quickest solution, not necessarily the ideal one. G "Doug" wrote in message news:408e6cf9$1_3@newsprd01... > HELP!!! > > I have a client who decided to build a house on another lot... Plan needs to > be reversed.... plan is complete... Plan is drawn in Revit 6.1 > > Is there an easy way to accomplish this? I have ADT 3.3 & ADT 2005. > > when I reverse the model everything moves... (i.e.drafting components) > > Can anyone walk me thru this mine field > > Thanks > > Doug > >
Message 3 of 3
JeffreyMcGrew
in reply to: Anonymous

Doug: Revit is pretty smart, but it's not that smart. You can mirror a whole building ok, so that the *model* is properly mirrored.

To do this simply draw a ref. plane in a site plan view to be the center of your mirror axis, then go to a 3D axon view, select the whole building, go back to the site plan view and then click Mirror on the toolbar and the pick the ref. plane... bam! mirrored building!

However this probably will screw up your sections, elevations, and callouts, for they all remain in their old locations and pointing their old directions. Mirroring a whole project is not something that's easy in Revit once you've gotten most of the ways into CD's. Heck it's not something that's easy in any CAD software. It's a lot of work to mirror an entire project properly.

Another way to crack this egg would be to export all your detailed callouts as DWG files, then mirror the model, edit your elevations & sections to be proper, them import all your detailed callout views into blank drafting views and then re-reference there locations within the building. That way at least you've benefiting from the Revit model being mirrored, but not having to re-do all those detailed callouts.

good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report