Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reveal line weights

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
twilks1
4119 Views, 7 Replies

Reveal line weights

How do you control the line weights of wall reveals in 2011?  The default is way to heavy for our need and I see no way to modify this.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ryan.duell
in reply to: twilks1

I have included 2 options to modify the appearance of a wall reveal below:
1.  VG > Walls > Projection/Surface
Typically the reveal is included in the V/G > Walls > Projection/Surface setting.  You should be able to toggle the lineweight as needed here.  Or you could do on an element basis, by right-clicking element > Override Graphics in View > By Element > Projection Lines:
2.  Linework Tool
Reveals can be overridden with the linework tool as other element types:

I have included 2 options to modify the appearance of a wall reveal below:

1.  VG > Walls > Projection/Surface

Typically the reveal is included in the V/G > Walls > Projection/Surface setting.  You should be able to toggle the lineweight as needed here.  Or you could do on an element basis, by right-clicking element > Override Graphics in View > By Element > Projection Lines:

Video Example: http://screencast.com/t/NjhlNjc5

2.  Linework Tool

Reveals can be overridden with the linework tool as other element types:

Video Example: http://screencast.com/t/YmM2YTM1MWIt

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 8
twilks1
in reply to: ryan.duell

The Linework tool is an option if you only have one (or few) reveals but not with many considering all the views and changes that may be affected. The element basis for an override does not work with reveals (but does for wall sweeps) and the Override Graphics in view for projection lines on walls affects the entire wall, not just the reveal so it is not an option either. I suppose the only answer is a hybrid combination of the above functions until Autodesk realizes they only need to add a similar category in the view visibility controls, like the Wall Sweep category.

Message 4 of 8
donnia

So this has seriously NOT been fixed at all yet? My reveals as added objects of the wall family causes so much more work. They look great for renderings, show up in sections, but in elevation I have a big blob of a line with embeded 2" reveals.

This has been on the wishlist for a while also. Please keep us posted on when this will be fixed.

Message 5 of 8
adalzell15
in reply to: donnia

Still not fixed huh? AUTODESK!! How many years!!! The reveal tool is useless if if makes elevations impossible to read without relying on using the lineweight tool to fix the lineweights. It would be great if you could control the visibility graphics like you can for wall sweeps but at this point it is just a tease. It would be perfect for exterior panel reveal lines...

Message 6 of 8
shigeru6XRL7

Still not fixed...?

Message 7 of 8
semhustej
in reply to: shigeru6XRL7

Yes, still no fix. You can find some workarounds here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/lineweight-override-of-reveals/td-p/6645841

Is there Revit Idea post about this problem? I didn't see any. It might be worth the effort to create one.

Tom

Message 8 of 8
Darin_HDR

The easiest work around I have found is to select the wall(s) with reveals and change the projection lines by using the Override the Element tool. This will change all the reveal lines and then you only have to use the linework tool on the selected walls to fix the wall outlines, instead of ALL walls (like you would have to do if you used the VG overrides on the wall projection lines).

Not a good fix, but maybe a little better than any other suggested.

And I'll add to the chorus...what the hell Autodesk, you still haven't fixed this yet. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report