Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting view clip. New elements in view.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rientsbruinsma
853 Views, 1 Reply

Resetting view clip. New elements in view.

I have a 3D view and when I turn on the clip boundary everthing diappears, which leads me to believe that the clip boundry is off to the side somewhere. I zoom out & out, but can't find it. 

Is there a way of resetting it?

I could just make a new view, but I'd have to set the perspective again.

In this view I have hidden all the objects except for the one (a book case) that is being detailed. Every time I model something new it shows up in this view. 

Is there anyway of stopping new obects showing in a given view?

Thanks.

Spoiler

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: rientsbruinsma

rientsbruinsma wrote:

"I have a 3D view and when I turn on the clip boundary everthing diappears, which leads me to believe that the clip boundry is off to the side somewhere. I zoom out & out, but can't find it. 

Is there a way of resetting it?"

Open a Plan View. In the Project Browser, find your 3D View, right-click on it, and select "Show Camera". You will see the range of the camera become visible on the Plan View; adjust the grips and see if that solves your dilemma.

rientsbruinsma wrote:

"In this view I have hidden all the objects except for the one (a book case) that is being detailed. Every time I model something new it shows up in this view. 

Is there anyway of stopping new obects showing in a given view?"

The easiest way would be to use a View Filter. Create a new View Filter that applies to all Categories, and set the Filter Rules to 'Comments' 'Equals' "X". Add this View Filter to your 3D View. Now all you have to do is select the elements you want to show up, and enter "X" for Comments under Properties. Now go back to the View FIlters tab (under V/G) and disable the Visibility checkbox for your Filter.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report