Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting Revit 2014 User Interface settings to default OFTB

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
drpjjr
13313 Views, 7 Replies

Resetting Revit 2014 User Interface settings to default OFTB

Hi,

Is there an easy way of resetting the User Interface settings (modified configuration of Viewer window/project browser and properties bar) back to the Revit 2014 OFTB settings. My interface got messed up after I accidentally closed the properties bar  and dispite my best efforts have not been able to get it back to the default state. These configuration changes are all saved and I would like to know how I can remove the modified configuration settings.

Many thanks in advance,

Phil Robinson

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: drpjjr

You can delete or rename the UIState.dat.

Try to read this: Resetting the Autodesk Revit 2012 user interface

Should be the same with Revit 2014.

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 3 of 8
drpjjr

HI,

Yer, I tried this but it didn't fix things. Could you confirm the location of said file and whether there might be another conf file somewhere that can be recording changes?

Cheers,

Phil

Message 4 of 8
siddcarvalho

The Problem happened to me when I installed a language pack. Some Icons disappeared from the QuickAccess bar and there was no way to get them back.

Deleting the UIState.dat (C:\Users\"YourUserHere"\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2014 - (*Windows7)) Solved the problem.

Thanks for the tip!

Kind regards,

Sidd.

Message 5 of 8
Scary99

I see the link to reset Revit 2012 however I have 2017. I am new to Revit and have somehow deleted the Filter in the Quick Access Tool Bar. It typically shows one (1) element and now it show 0 and will not display a window when I pick on it. Any suggestions on how to restore it?

Message 6 of 8
BradleyCooley
in reply to: Scary99

Close Revit 2017 > Open Windows Explorer (Windows 7)

Go to the Default location for Revit.ini:

C:\Users\(Administrator or Profile Name)\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2017\Revit.ini

Cut and paste the Revit.ini file to Desktop

Launch Revit 2017 again, verify UI is back to Default.

This should change all of the UI changes made to the installation back to original installer version.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/...

Message 7 of 8
RADICAL.RAD
in reply to: BradleyCooley

Hi, is there any way where you can modify/ change the settings of default location of Revit Family Libraries?

Basically, any user who login to a workstation is not able to access C:\ Drive and only ADMIN user can access the Drive. When a normal user tries to use Revit 2017, create a new project and insert components, run the Family Library, then it automatically pops-up with a window where you can browse. The problem is that, the user is unable to access the Libraries because its installed in C:\ Drive.

My query is that, is there away where we can change the default settings location instead of C:\ Drive, change and point to D:\ Drive (partition)?

Just need to change the default to a different drive? How do i do that?

Thanks in advance!

Rad

Message 8 of 8
BradleyCooley
in reply to: RADICAL.RAD

Pathing can be changed in the by opening Revit going to the Application Button (Big R or File in 2018) > Options > File Locations.

I made a short Screencast showing the File Path location.

http://autode.sk/2tj7rF4

Once the path is changed close out and it will be saved to the Revit.INI file which can be edited and used in Deployments or other standardization processes.

Hope this helps,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report