Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering fire for a fireplace in Revit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dl42la71lo
6083 Views, 1 Reply

Rendering fire for a fireplace in Revit

Is is possible to render fire in Revit?  I want to render a modern gas fired fireplace.  This would have a stainless steel pipe (or two) inbeded in crushed stone on the bottom of the firebox to feed the flame line/s from below.  Does Revit have this capacity? 

Attached is a edited/reduced area rendering of the fireplace to which I am referring.  If the solution doesn't look good or looks cheesy, I won't use it and will leave the fireplace with no fire shown in the firebox area.  I would however prefer to show it as it is a major focal point in the rendering. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

There are several methods for showing the fire:

1. doing it in Revit
  2. export the file as .fbx and doing it in 3ds Max , where you can use maping a texture or use a procedural material...
  3. postprocesing in Photoshop

Speaking about doing it in Revit , as you asked for, I see two methods:

1. make a material with Generic and Cutouts for transparences masksImage 02.png

R_material.jpg

2. use Decal with a Fire image and a Cutouts for the transparence mask

Image 03.png

R-decal.jpg

In both cases you have to place the object FIRE (on which apply material or/and Decal) perpendicular to Camera-Target line so to see the bitman with no distortions..

Image 01.png

As for the bitmap FIRE ( used as material or Decal) , you can download flames images from  : http://www.cgtextures.com/

Then , in Photoshop , make a black and white mask wich will be used as transparency ....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report