Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Error Message

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mwalto11
397 Views, 4 Replies

Rendering Error Message

Hello,

Last night after the updates completed for rendering I began receiving and error messae when I try to render anything in the cloud. The message says "Error: File failed to translated. -1". Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have already tried installing the new service pack?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: mwalto11

Hey

Do you by chance have any "Stair by component" in your file?

I had this issue a while back and after hours of investigation i found it was due to me using Stair by component for my external stairs. 

I am not sure why this causes an issue but i was pretty sure the problem was resolved after the service pack a while ago.

What i would do is the following:

1. Delete any "Stairs by component" from the model
  2. Re save the model with a new file name
  3. Input the stairs again (using stair by sketch)
  4. Save again and ten send of for render

This worked a treat for me (annoying i know, having to redraw stairs) but it solved my issue.

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 3 of 5
mwalto11
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Thanks for your help but no I don't have any component stairs. Everything in the project was working fine until last night when they updated the Autodesk 360 website.

Message 4 of 5
Alisder.Brown

Okay

Try the solution in this thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Rendering-in-Cloud-returns-quot-The-file-could-not-...

As i said, if you have installed UR2 it should fix this issue. But if not, then follow the steps in the post in the link.

Hope it helps!

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 5 of 5
mwalto11

I tried everything in that post and it didn't work. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Revit. And like I said before I installed Service Pack 2, and it didn't resolve my issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report