Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render in Cloud

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cevans
1099 Views, 7 Replies

Render in Cloud

Render in Cloud, are you limited to a certain number of renderings in a given time period? My re-seller didn't know the specifics but I read on a blog that its 25 before you have to pay, not sure if that is true. Thanks for the help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: cevans

that makes sense autodesk doesn't really have any info on how all this works

i would like to know to

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
jerome.pineau

Hi cevans, 

you might want to check out the support community for all things Cloud at Autodesk: http://feedback.autodesk.com/cloudservices

Yours truly,

J.

Jerome Pineau
AutodeskHelp | Social Media Strategist
twitter.com/AutodeskHelp
jerome.pineau@autodesk.com

Message 4 of 8
ccollins

Jerome,

We have had the same question come up, and can't find a direct answer.

The link you sent is somewhat helpful, but I still did not find the answer there (I had already been there and checked previously.)

So--for Subscription members, the question is:

How many "rendering units" are allowed? And, more specifically--what exactly is a "unit"--i.e. how is it defined?

Is it number of minutes/seconds of rendering time on the Cloud Rendering service?

So--let's say we get the answer back is: 100 units. What exactly does that mean? 100 units total? 100 units per user? per month? etc. And again, what defines a "unit"? 

We need to know because we are planning a new complex project and would like to use the Cloud Rendering feature;

but we have no idea how much "rendering time" we are allowed per user. This is critical to our workflow.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 8
jerome.pineau
in reply to: ccollins

Hi Cliff,

I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem you have posted that question topic directly in the Cloud community GetSatisfaction community? If that's the case, may I suggest you do so? Or I'm happy to copy it and paste it in there for you if you prefer. Thing is, you'll probably get more timely insight there on this issue at this time because there are so many "cloud" people hanging out there right now.

Meanwhile, I'm also going to pitch your post here to our local (Switzerland) guys who will get on it right away first thing tomorrow. One way or another, we're on it 🙂

Thanks for your patience.

J. 

Jerome Pineau
twitter.com/AutodeskHelp

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: jerome.pineau

i'll ask in the community

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

i asked your question here: http://feedback.autodesk.com/cloudservices/topics/what_is_a_cloud_unit

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
jerome.pineau
in reply to: DarrenP

Ok great. Thanks!

Jerome Pineau
twitter.com/AutodeskHelp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report