Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Paint From an Entire Project or hide paint for NWC export

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
stahci
10497 Views, 5 Replies

Remove Paint From an Entire Project or hide paint for NWC export

I am exporting a revit file to an NWC file. The revit file currently has paint on every wall. I would like to remove it or hide it before exporting to NWC as it is not accurate and is unneccasary. I can not find a way to hide paint in the visibility settings. I know I can remove paint my using the paint tool however I dont have the time or energy to remove all of the paint on the project. I tried to select all of the walls and use the remove paint too however it only removed the paint fro mthe wall I selected.

Is there a way to simply hide the paint in a 3d view for NWC export?

Can you easily remove all of the paint from a project in revit? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

In my opinion using Paint is a little difficult. The reason is that being applied to a sub-element ( a face) as an override, it can not be selected with window selection or multiple selection and you have to select faces one by one (as you said).

Anyway a workaround can be applied in order to make the process easier ...

I use in this way Material Takeoff Schedule and Temporary Isolate function...These two , help me to have a certain control...

Here is a rough recording on the subject:

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/204ca83b-573f-4728-9463-d2c476bcf470

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Well it is what it is I guess, that video is a decent work around.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully Autodesk gets the paint tool fine tuned in future releases

Message 4 of 6
jsmelling
in reply to: stahci

Any changes to this in the las 6 years?

Message 5 of 6
jmistelbacher
in reply to: jsmelling

Go to the manage tab, click "materials" (under settings) and then just delete the material. All the walls painted with that material become unpainted BUT any thing in revit that had that material set as its material is reset to <By Category>

Message 6 of 6
yaeli3163
in reply to: jmistelbacher

Genius!!
Thanks !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report