Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg IFC Import & export options

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
736 Views, 2 Replies

Reg IFC Import & export options

As a part of my academic term project i am working on the IFC import & export options of revit architecture 2012. I am facing some problems in the following topics.
whenever i export a ifc file with standard settings & when i import it back to the same platform (Revit architecture 2012) there is some data loss.

• The doors and windows are not as doors & windows.
  • The constraints related to the elements are also missing

Eg. if a wall is drawn between two levels in a model after import & export it is showing as the wall is unconnected at the top. 
I need help in the above topics.

Thanks in advance
Jhacin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: Anonymous

I just tested exporting a file to IFC from Revit 2012 which contained one wall (Level 2 to Level 3) that contained one door and one window. I opened the exported IFC in a Revit project and the results were as expected. If you open a new project and add a wall, window and door in the same manner as you file, export to IFC and open the IFC in Revit do you get the same results? If yes, please attach the Revit file (purge it first). If the resulting file created from the IFC is correct then I'm guessing something is at issue in your project.

If this the case we'll figure out a course of action to continue. 

Thanks for posting,

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: alan.quinn

I am having the same problem till now. I am attaching the file with this message.

please mention what settings can be used for the export & import of ifc files.

The ifc file & rvt files are in the following link since i cant able to attach here.

http://www.4shared.com/file/-vI9N9zl/wall_trial.html

Thanks in advance

Jhacin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report