Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reformating schedules

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
972 Views, 9 Replies

Reformating schedules

Hi gang! Is there a way to reformat a schedule so that you can do the following: 1. Turn some of the lines off. (I like tables with no side lines - I know, quirky, but they graphically look nice). 2. Have the column headers align left or right. 3. Get rid of the gap between the column headers and the first line of detail (all my other hand-made tables don't have the gap - a space waster if you need to put a lot of info on one sheet). TIA Chris
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

1] Uncheck the "Grid lines" in the Schedule properties on the Apperearance tab. 2] There is no standard option to do this. This next solution might not be completely clean but could help you out. Within the same Schedule properties but now on the Formatting tab choose a Field and do the following. In the Heading enter some extra space and a period to extend the lenght of your text within the column header to align left/right. 3] Uncheck the "Blank row before data" in the Schedule properties on the Apperearance tab. Richard Böck (MacroCad bv) CAD consultant "Chris Broda" wrote in message news:4213519e$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi gang! > > Is there a way to reformat a schedule so that you can do the following: > > 1. Turn some of the lines off. (I like tables with no side lines - I > know, quirky, but they graphically look nice). > > 2. Have the column headers align left or right. > > 3. Get rid of the gap between the column headers and the first line of > detail (all my other hand-made tables don't have the gap - a space waster > if you need to put a lot of info on one sheet). > > TIA > > Chris >
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply, Richard > 1] Uncheck the "Grid lines" in the Schedule properties on the Apperearance > tab. This doesn't help me selectively choose individual lines to turn off. I want some line showing, but not all. Throw in the desire to make the remaining lines of different line weights. I'd like to see the ability to right-click on each line in the schedule and have the option to turn on/off, change line style. Right now I did use that and have drawn in my own lines. But long-term that's not so desirable because I will have to relocate/change/move lines if the size of my schedule needs to change. Time consuming. > 2] There is no standard option to do this. This next solution might not be > completely clean but could help you out. Within the same Schedule > properties but now on the Formatting tab choose a Field and do the > following. In the Heading enter some extra space and a period to extend > the lenght of your text within the column header to align left/right. Not desireable because I use a font that is not monospaced, therefore 5 spaces on one line are not the same width as on another, depending on how many and which characters you have on each line. So, that means not showing any headers and making individual ones my self. Also time consuming. > 3] Uncheck the "Blank row before data" in the Schedule properties on the > Apperearance tab. Unfortunately, version 6.0 doesn't have that. Nice to see that got dealt with. For now, I just turn all the headers off. Thanks again! Chris
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

To get rid of the side line could you use "electronic whiteout" (filled region white) to essentially mask out the lines on the side? This is not ideal but it may be a bit easier to modify than drawing the horizontal gridlines manually. If there was a change you would just have to modify the size of the 2 filled regions on the ends. Jeff Hanson "Chris Broda" wrote in message news:4213519e$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi gang! > > Is there a way to reformat a schedule so that you can do the following: > > 1. Turn some of the lines off. (I like tables with no side lines - I know, > quirky, but they graphically look nice). > > 2. Have the column headers align left or right. > > 3. Get rid of the gap between the column headers and the first line of > detail (all my other hand-made tables don't have the gap - a space waster if > you need to put a lot of info on one sheet). > > TIA > > Chris > >
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

would be cool if the Linework tool also worked on Schedules. "Jeff Hanson" wrote in message news:4213a05a$1_3@newsprd01... > To get rid of the side line could you use "electronic whiteout" (filled > region white) to essentially mask out the lines on the side? This is not > ideal but it may be a bit easier to modify than drawing the horizontal > gridlines manually. If there was a change you would just have to modify > the > size of the 2 filled regions on the ends. > > Jeff Hanson > > "Chris Broda" wrote in message > news:4213519e$1_2@newsprd01... >> Hi gang! >> >> Is there a way to reformat a schedule so that you can do the following: >> >> 1. Turn some of the lines off. (I like tables with no side lines - I > know, >> quirky, but they graphically look nice). >> >> 2. Have the column headers align left or right. >> >> 3. Get rid of the gap between the column headers and the first line of >> detail (all my other hand-made tables don't have the gap - a space waster > if >> you need to put a lot of info on one sheet). >> >> TIA >> >> Chris >> >> > >
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Now your thinking!! Good idea...and flexible too! I can do what I want, you can do what you want? Still it would be nice to have a master format for schedules that they could adhere to.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Great idea. I'll use it for now. Thanks.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

An even better idea. Thanks. Steve, what do you mean by "Still it would be nice to have a master format for schedules that they could adhere to." You mean all of us out here? I'm talking about the graphic look of the table, not the format of a schedule. I just like my tables with no sidelines. Call it a quirk or my graphic style, but I find my drawings look nicer with a little less linework on the tables. And, since that is my "office standard" I'd like to continue using it (it's how I do zoning tables, drawing lists, my invoices, everything). I like to use particular fonts too. I'd hate it if Revit decided for me which font to use. The lineworks idea is great. One thing that is important is that by using heavier or lighter line weights you can have groups and subgroups of information read more clearly. In Excel, I use colors. If you have multiple tables of information (I know, in Excel it's all one table, but I mean separate groups of info) on one sheet, colors and line weights really help make the info read. Thanks again everyone, Chris
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

No I'm not suggesting a master format that everyone has to "live" with. If you set up one schedule a certain way, you have to do it again for a similar schedule. And again for another. I'm talking about a standard "look" that all your office schedules could use, regardless of the info therein. If you don't use a lot of schedules it may not factor in for you.
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Another great idea. Beats having to reformat each time. Just set them up in a template, then each new one you create would follow the same format. Add to the wishlist the ability to make tables that are not schedules or tied to parameters (again following a master format) and this program would really be even more perfect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report