Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nick_kurth
2488 Views, 3 Replies

Recovery Files

Revit incurred an error and shut down, I hadn't saved to the central file for more than a day. I have my file set to save to the central file every hour, but I don't know how to recover the lost information. There is a whole folder titled backup files, but Revit won't open any of them. How do I recover what was lost?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Scott_Womack
in reply to: nick_kurth

If Revit did not save a local copy called File Name(Recovery).rvt in your local directory, then there is NO what to recover the "lost"work" beyond the last save to central, or save to local.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Had you saved locally during that day? If so, you should be able to go back to an earlier version of the local file. (Start Revit,
go to File | Backups..., and navigate to the backup directory of the local file.) Since local save is generally very quick, it is
recommended that you do it often even if you aren't saving to central.

For non-workset files it is sometimes possible to recover by running the journal file. For workset files it might also be possible
but is less likely to work because of changes in the central file. Search AUGI for discussions on how to use the journal file to
recover from a crash.

wrote in message news:5477189@discussion.autodesk.com...
Revit incurred an error and shut down, I hadn't saved to the central file for more than a day. I have my file set to save to the
central file every hour, but I don't know how to recover the lost information. There is a whole folder titled backup files, but
Revit won't open any of them. How do I recover what was lost?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Not saving for more than a day?? I do not know how Revit works but seems to
me not saving your model is a problem.

ACote

wrote in message news:5477189@discussion.autodesk.com...
Revit incurred an error and shut down, I hadn't saved to the central file
for more than a day. I have my file set to save to the central file every
hour, but I don't know how to recover the lost information. There is a whole
folder titled backup files, but Revit won't open any of them. How do I
recover what was lost?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report