Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railing display in plan view - 2014

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
evansTSMR
2888 Views, 2 Replies

Railing display in plan view - 2014

We're using Revit 2014, Build 20130709_2115(x64) Update Release 1. Our project has a switchback exit stair, and we have a plan view of it at the lowest level. (See the screen capture attachment.) There are handrails on both sides of each flight of stairs. The inner rails are displaying correctly, but the handrails at the outer walls are "backwards" - what is below the cut line is drawn with dashed lines, and what is above the cut line is drawn with continuous lines. Moreover, three treads of the lower flight of stairs are hiding the handrail at the wall, as well as partially hiding the "UP" direction line. The handrails at the walls are hosted by the stairs, and show correctly in the section views.

The view range is set from 5' below the associated level (lowest landing of the stair) to 10' above it, with the cut plane at 6'. The visual style is hidden line. The detail level is coarse.

How can this be fixed? I'm hoping there's a global "display views correctly" setting somewhere that I don't know, because there are several exit stairs in this project, each with 6 or 7 levels, so I don't want to have to re-create all the railings, or worse, hide this mess manually with the linework tool.

Thanks,

Michael Evans

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
subhra_civil
in reply to: evansTSMR

hi,

check your graphics display option. look your plan view in wireframe mode. if there is still problem persists then please send me your revit file.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

India

kolkata

Message 3 of 3
evansTSMR
in reply to: evansTSMR

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this project was migrated from 2011 to 2013, and then from 2013 to 2014. The railings were made with one of the previous versions, not with the new tools in 2014. Anyway, we found that if the railing is moved 1/2" away from the wall, Revit displays it properly. If the returns at the ends of the rails are then extended 1/2" to meet the wall again, then it reverts to the incorrect display. So Revit requires that this railing be modeled incorrectly - "floating" away from the wall -  in order to display it properly.

However, we tried making a new railing with the new railing tools, and Revit can both model and display that one correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report