Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railing Post Visibility Issues

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jasonlucas3247
2529 Views, 7 Replies

Railing Post Visibility Issues

When I host a railing on a stairway, the railing's end posts disappear in plan view. 3D and section views indicate that the posts are still there, but they do not appear in plan. The attached pdf file shows two railings of the same type: the one on the left is attached to the stairway (post not visible) and the one on the right is attached to the floor (post is visible). What am I missing?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

This issue was posted some time ago in Augi, here:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?138801-Revit-2013-Component-Stairs-Issue&highlight=stair+compo...

... and then, it was posted as a question or comment to this Wiki Help article:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?138801-Revit-2013-Component-Stairs-Issue&highlight=stair+compo...

Then, there was an upgrade to the software, some time ago, but the original poster of the post in the Augi forum reported that the issue was not corrected with the upgrade.

Therefore, the last information seems to be that the problem remains as a known issue. If anybody from Autodesk has some more updated information about this, it would be good to know.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8

In my previous post, the link to the Wiki-help article is the same as the link to Augi. Sorry about that. The correct link to the Wiki article is this one:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/0328-Build_th328/0330-Architec330/0...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 8

Thank-you, Mr. Alfredo, for your response. Do you know if there are any other resources I can look to for help when a "known issue" in Revit, such as this one, continues to go unresolved by Autodesk even months after they've been made aware of it? Unless I'm mistaken, it sounds like they know about the problem, have known about it for at least 5 months, and either can't or won't do anything to fix it. I seem to run into this problem frequently whenever I attempt to find Revit support from Autodesk. It's quite frustrating.

Message 5 of 8

I suppose you would have to file a Support Request. If you are under subscription, there should be a place in the subscription center to file a support request.

About the issue, I understand it happens with the new stair by component, only. Have you tried with a stair by sketch?

Message 6 of 8

I've tried attaching the railing to both component stairs and sketched stairs and the problem happens in both cases. I'm unfamiliar with the process of filing a "Support Request" but will check out the subscriptions center or check with our subscriptions administrator. Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely,

Jason

Message 7 of 8

This issue has been logged with our Development group who actively working to fix it.

The workaround at this time is to use the top/hand rail instead of the pattern rail. top/hand rail could create extension instead (NOTE, you may have to use special baluster as rail extension).

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 8 of 8

I also can't see posts in plan views. I originally drew the stairs by component, and then converted them to sketch to customize the lower steps. The posts still don't show up after converting component stairs to sketch. Please fix Autodesk!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report