Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROOF APPEARANCE IN SECTION

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ramzi.f9
282 Views, 2 Replies

ROOF APPEARANCE IN SECTION

Hello, 

I have a basic roof on a square villa that i selected boundary lines for fairly easily. The wall heights are all the same and everything is uniform. However, 

when i cut a section detail, the roof adds what appears to be a truss running through the bottom 1/3rd of the roof system. It does have an outline of the entire roof, but the frame itself has an attachment in the middle that should not be there. Also, in another section my framing does not peak at the top. Instead it levels out about a foot before the peak. This is making my sections look extremely inaccurate.

Please help, thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
luna.ye
in reply to: ramzi.f9

Hi,

This may be caused by the slope of the roof. Did you specify the slope after selected the boundary lines?

Please edit the footprint, select the line and on the Properties palette, click “Defines Roof Slope”, then change the slope value to see if change.

Could you please provide some screenshots or attach the roof model? So that can help me to find the solution with the roof issue.

Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 3 of 3
ramzi.f9
in reply to: luna.ye

Thanks for the reply, 

It turned out to be the other end of the roof truss that was visible through section. All figured out now, thanks !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report