Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT - can't save

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
studioWTA
1881 Views, 1 Reply

REVIT - can't save

I'm running REVIT 2013 (32 bit) through parallels and am having trouble saving the file.  There is currently only a Central File, so this is what I open and work in every day.  If I open the file by navigating through windows or fom the recent projects section upon opening REVIT, there is no problem. If I open the project by navigating through REVIT homescreen - then Open - I am not able to save the file over itself to the server.

I've been advised that using the Revit than Open is standard to ensure all users open a local version of the central file each day.  Even though I'm not currently working with local versions, I don't want to have an issue when other team members get involved.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AJA14
in reply to: studioWTA

Hi. Word of advice. Never work on the central file. Otherwise there would be no point in creating one in the first place. It is always better to work on the local file and synchronize with the central. 

With regards to your problem, I think you need to contact your IT or Autodesk Technical Support. Good luck. 

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report