Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT Server 2013

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Ricardo-Maturana
2165 Views, 5 Replies

REVIT Server 2013

We have set up Revit 2013 and it works fine for creating folders and subfolders.  I followed the Autodesk process step by step on creating a new file in the revit server.  Everything is fine, but when I hit save an error message appears saying that the file cannot be saved.  When I log into revitserver i see the new file, but I cannot delete, lock it, or use it at all.

Any thoughts on how we can lock the files to be able to delete from the revit server?

Thank you.

As a side note:

Unless Autodesk is planning on getting rid of revit server they should really invest into the documentation and troubleshooting.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ccollins
in reply to: Ricardo-Maturana

You should be able to delete the file in the Revit Server Admin console.

If not, you can log on to the Central Server, and delete it there. ( the folder containing the .rvt file, which reads as only 1Kb file size.)

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 6
Ricardo-Maturana
in reply to: ccollins

This is the error that I am getting.  Everything seems to be working fine except when trying to save or open a file from the workstation.  

We are using REVIT 2013 and microsoft server2012

0:<   System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Autodesk.Revit.RS.Common.ClientServer.DataContract.Model.ModelFault]: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

' 0:< RevitServerException caught in constructor of ModelResolvableLocation: WCF Generic Fault Exception. Data or permissions for the model could be in an inconsistent state. Please contact technical support.

Message 4 of 6

Ricardo,

I have a similar setup Server 2012, running Revit Server 2013, and I'm haveing the same problem opening or saving models.  I get a slightly differnt error though.

2013-04-10 16:42:19,504 ERROR TID(11) LOGGER(Autodesk.Revit.RS.Service.Protected.Model.ModelServiceImplementation) MSG(BlockError: System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.GetBytes(SQLiteStatement stmt, Int32 index, Int32 nDataOffset, Byte[] bDest, Int32 nStart, Int32 nLength)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.GetValue(SQLiteStatement stmt, Int32 index, SQLiteType typ)
at Autodesk.Revit.RS.Core.Model.ModelStorage.ModelLocationSQLiteDbTable.parseOneRecord(SQLiteDataReader dataReader)
at Autodesk.Revit.RS.Core.Model.ModelStorage.ModelLocationSQLiteDbTable.readRecord(ModelIdentity modelIdentity)
at Autodesk.Revit.RS.Core.Model.ModelStorage.ModelStorageProvider.locateModel(ModelIdentity modelIdentity)
at Autodesk.Revit.RS.Service.Protected.Model.ModelServiceImplementation.LocateModel(ModelIdentity modelIdentity)
at Autodesk.Revit.RS.Service.Protected.Model.ModelServiceImplementation.CreatePermissions(ServiceModelSessionToken sessionToken, PermissionsFormatVersion permissionFormatVersion)
at IModelServiceProxyd68ce8001e454bb6a8a801c5f0a957b4.InvocationCreatePermissions_34.InvokeMethodOnTarget()
at Autodesk.Social.Core.Implementation.Logging.LoggingInterceptor.Intercept(IInvocation invocation))
2013-04-10 16:42:19,505 INFO TID(11) LOGGER(Autodesk.Revit.RS.Service.Protected.Model.ModelServiceImplementation) MSG(BlockEnd: Autodesk.Revit.RS.Service.Protected.Model.ModelServiceImplementation.CreatePermissions)

I'm hoping your solution will somehow point me in the right direction.

Message 5 of 6
it
Observer
in reply to: rwebb0418

Did either one of you guys find a solution to this?

I am still having problems saving a model to the server, with the log throwing the exact same error.

Edit: Also, your SOLVED tag is not a solution! 

Message 6 of 6

The only solution I had was to install RS2013 on a Windows Server 2008 box.  I couldn't get it to run on Server 2012.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report