Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT LT 2013 - SWEEPS & EXTRUSIONS

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tbryanm
3172 Views, 7 Replies

REVIT LT 2013 - SWEEPS & EXTRUSIONS

I just purchased the 2013 LT suite after a few years of the full version of Revit 2011 & 12. I fully understood that sweeps, & extrusions were not available via the sketch mode as we are used to in the full version. However, the use of these features is still available, but the whole process is truly kicking my a$$.

Can anyone provide me with some insight into editing sweeps once they are placed? Or simply the ability to start and stop a sweep, such as a wood wall base, instead of a continuous sweep along the entire wall regardless of how long or how many perpendicular walls it hosts. See attached image

Not sure why they would really change this feature so drastically considering how important they are to any size project... to get me to spend $10,000 vs. $1,600 I guess.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: tbryanm

I don´t understand something in your question. You are saying ¨"I fully understood that sweeps, & extrusions were not available via the sketch mode as we are used to in the full version." Who said that? Are you talking about families, such as line-based families or in-place models with extrusions and sweeps? That should not be different in Revit LT. Or are you talking about Architecture > Wall > Wall sweep ? If it's a wall sweep, can't you just grab the end points of the wall sweep to change its length?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8
loboarch
in reply to: tbryanm

There is no difference in the wall sweep tool from Revit to Revit LT.  The wall sweep tool functions exactly the same in both.

Perhaps you are talking about the abillity to do an in-place model?  Those are not possible in Revit LT.  So if you were adding baseboards etc... to walls with in-place models before, then yes you would see quite a difference.

You can take a look at these wiki pages for information on adding sweeps as part of the wall type or as their own object.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit_LT/enu/2013/Help/0075-Revit_LT75/0260-Build_th260/0262-Architec26...

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: loboarch

Oh, in-place models. That's right. My mistake. Those are not included in Revit LT.

What the original post is showing can be done with simple wall sweeps. No need to use model in-place for those elements, in my opinion. If you need to shorten or lengthen the wall sweeps, use the blue dots at the ends.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 8
loboarch
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I just assumed from the way the question was stated in-place models were being referred to.  Wall sweeps like this can be accomplished with the wall sweep tools and adjusted as you say, but if you were used to doing these kinds of elements as an in-place model the change would seem quite drastic.

Another case of multiple ways to skin the "Revit  Cat"

surprised_cat.jpg

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 6 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: loboarch

ahaha, there you go, the Revit Cat shows up again. 🙂

Message 7 of 8
loboarch

I am just searching for threads where I can use him now.  Smiley Wink

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 8 of 8
tbryanm

Yes, I was meaning in-place modeling. I rarely used the wall sweep tool previously for exactly this reason. Editing is cumbersome and a waste of time. You mentioned 'blue dots', While I know what you are refering to there are none when I try to edit a wall sweep. when 'modifying returns' its either too short or too long, never aligned with the end of the wall.

Honestly I wish Autodesk would focus more on the daily user experience rather than its push for the almighty annual upgrade.

Thanks for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report