Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT DB LINK TO MS ACCESS & MS EXCEL

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
danehchristensen
6073 Views, 1 Reply

REVIT DB LINK TO MS ACCESS & MS EXCEL

Hi,

I have a good idea of what Im trying to do, but I'm not sure if I'm going about it the right way. I recently downloaded the Revit DB Link Add-in. I would like to export all schedule data into Access to be able to work with my estimating team. From my esimating team, I have a MS Excel spreadsheet with constantly updated prices/costs. I want to be able to link the costs/pricing to my Revit Schedule's cost column. I have no problem exporting my MS Access tables to Access from revit. I have no problem linking or importing an excel sheet into Access... I am LOST when it comes to linking the pricing form the excel sheet to the pricing in the Revit data... This is probably more of a MS Access question, but any help as to HOW i should do this, or any other ideas of how to even go about this process would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

As you said, it has more to do with having good skills in Access than with having good skills in Revit. If it helps, here there are 2 links to Revitforum.org, of two posts that I have read in the past from people who have shared with others their progress in this connection Revit - Access through DB Link:

http://www.revitforum.org/architecture-general-revit-questions/1384-db-link-3.html#post40942
http://www.revitforum.org/architecture-general-revit-questions/1384-db-link.html#post13639

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report