Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2015

43 REPLIES 43
SOLVED
Message 1 of 44
03078169wd
24079 Views, 43 Replies

REVIT 2015

When a new version?

43 REPLIES 43
Message 2 of 44
nmysorewala
in reply to: 03078169wd

Autodesk yearly cycle is typically Early to Mid April

BIMologist
Message 3 of 44
oldemarSL

Does anyone know what are the new features of Revit 2015?

Message 4 of 44
DarrenP
in reply to: oldemarSL

its not out yet

you will find out when autodesk releases the product

or you can become a beta tester: beta.autodesk.com

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 44
ambim
in reply to: DarrenP

How do you get on the beta test cycle for Revit? I have been an alpha and Beta tester for Revit for years. When the website changed a couple years ago, I have not been able to get on the testing cycle even though I have a beta.autodesk.com account.
Message 6 of 44
jessica.t
in reply to: ambim

Hi jbcoe2k5,

You may want to sign up at our Feedback Community to get further information on getting involved in future beta testing! Let me know if you have further questions. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 44
ambim
in reply to: jessica.t

When I use the Feedback Community link, and sign-in, it takes me to my beta.autodesk.com account. Am I not doing this correctly? Is the Feedback Community different than the beta test site?

Thanks
Message 8 of 44
jessica.t

The site is the same but on the left side there click on the "About Me" tab and then under "Preferences" you should be able to select the product that you would like to be a beta tester for. Have you selected that option?

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 44
ambim
in reply to: jessica.t

Yes. My primary Autodesk product is set to Revit and secondary product is AutoCAD. I have a lot of opportunities from Autodesk Labs, but no Revit.

Thanks
Message 10 of 44
shaan.hurley

Not everyone is invited into every beta project and this decision is up to each product team and their ability to support participants. Teams may also try to prioritize past product beta participants that were active participants and will at times only re-invite those that were actively providing feedback during the past beta and not just getting the software but not actively providing any feedback.

Best Regards,
Shaan Hurley  

Technologist for the Office of the CTO
Global Autodesk Beta Feedback Community Mgr.
Autodesk, Inc.

Shaan Hurley
Technologist
Between the Lines Blog
@ShaanHurley on Twitter

Message 11 of 44
russ.green
in reply to: shaan.hurley

Shaan,

Similar issue here....I was active with feedback on Revit 2014....is the 2015 beta currently out there?

Russ Green
Message 12 of 44
JBValette
in reply to: shaan.hurley

I'm the BIM manager of a large construction compagny in France... And I'm also a Long Time and big user of revit.... And it seems impossible for me to get an access to this beta version...
We have devlopt plugins inside the compagny... So we need to know if we will be able to make them work on 2015!
Any help for me?
Jbv
Message 13 of 44
shaan.hurley
in reply to: JBValette

There are so many that wish to participate in Revit betas or just download them that the participation levels for customer past beta particants invitations can be high.

The and other product betas are also available on the ADN.

'

Regards,
Shaan

Shaan Hurley
Technologist
Between the Lines Blog
@ShaanHurley on Twitter

Message 14 of 44
shaan.hurley
in reply to: russ.green

Thank you so very much for the interest in participating in the Revit betas. The Revit beta is so popular that the invitations from the product team are not able to be sent to everyone that applies to participate. Participants are selected based on various criteria and past participation levels.

The current betas are starting to wrap up. I can't provide much detail beyond that on the private customer betas.

Regards,

Shaan

Shaan Hurley
Technologist
Between the Lines Blog
@ShaanHurley on Twitter

Message 15 of 44
Anonymous

So if you are a beta tester does Autodesk actually respond to your error reports or try to fix issues?  I could see the advantage of being on beta if there was even a degree more involvement from Autodesk to try to fix issues with the software. 

Message 16 of 44
shaan.hurley
in reply to: Anonymous

The main purpose of beta is not marketing, PR, or just providing previews of the new upcoming software but getting the feedback from you the customers and looking into reported issues and fixing them when reproducible or possible as well as learning what issues in learning new features might be mitigated in knowledge base articles, training, and future research.

While I am sure there are some reported issues that some may be able to cite as not fixed for a variety of reasons, but there are also many beta userrs that could list issues they provided information on during beta that were addressed and in some cases for late reported issues addressed in a hot fix or service pack before the next release.

Just so you are aware. The main reason I joined Autodesk long ago was as a customer and beta siteI wanted to see what I could do to help connect Autodesk and the product users to build better products and happy product users.

Autodesk betas are here for listening to you the customers.

Best Regards,
Shaan

Shaan Hurley
Technologist
Between the Lines Blog
@ShaanHurley on Twitter

Message 17 of 44
shaan.hurley

The news went live today about 2015 products.
See more at: http://inthefold.autodesk.com/in_the_fold/2014/03/autodesk-unveils-2015-suites-for-building-and-civi...

Shaan Hurley
Technologist
Between the Lines Blog
@ShaanHurley on Twitter

Message 18 of 44
tbh
Enthusiast

Well I've seen the list of new features in 2015. I suppose I need to use the new version to truely evaluate the latest version but from what I've ready one word comes to mind.

Lacking.

When sketchy lines is the big New Feature everyone is listing as number 1 on their sites that's not a good sign. I've talked to alot of users and read many of the wishlists and Sketchy Lines didn't seem to be in anyones Top 10.

I know, Autodesk is a large company trying to deal with many different disciplines that each have varying needs. Many more pressing that mine. However, imagine my bitter dissappointment when, once again, nothing on the text editor. So we continue to deal with a text editor that can't deal with something as basic as tabs.

Again, I haven't used the software, this is just my first impressions. I'm sure I'll find a few useful updates in there. 

Message 19 of 44
russ.green
in reply to: tbh

Yes hopefully the stair and railings have actually been finished as there were lots of issues with these!

Russ Green
Message 20 of 44
tbh
Enthusiast

Unless it's one of those features that no one has posted, which I find doubtful, that would be a no.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report