Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2015 (Building Design Suite Premium)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Lineabove
2602 Views, 4 Replies

REVIT 2015 (Building Design Suite Premium)

Rant ON

I do not understand why Autodesk does not intoduce and make available all 2015 products on the same date.

Rant OFF

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

There are many factors to answer this question. For sure when you have the building suite, it gets tricky because you would like to use the building suite installation to install the entire products in the same installation. 

The reason is that the Beta comes before the release and people who is testing it; they will flag some important issues where it will need more time to fix it before the release. Another factor is the earlier the release comes up the earlier its service pack will fallow it. Some programs needs more time for the development to finish up all the final touch ups. The complex program is the one that will comes up later.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 5
Lineabove
in reply to: Lineabove

Hi Alaaeldin,

Thank you for your reply.

I remain patient and continue to read the blogs/newsgroups about the 2015 products.

Best regards

Mel Rosenow

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

how long does it take to install building suite premium 2015 from the thumbdrive I recieved from autodesk?  It seems to be stuck on the revit content portion.

Thx,

David

Message 5 of 5
Tony_Michniewicz
in reply to: Anonymous

The duration of a Building Design Suite installation is dependent on many factors so it is difficult to predict the exact amount of time required.  One important note is that Revit content is not included on the physical media and therefore needs to be downloaded during the installation process.  The time required for content download will vary depending on the number of content packs selected as well as your internet connection speed.  I have seen many customer report that the content download can take several hours to complete and in some cases, they simply leave the installation running overnight.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report