Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2013 RIBBON HAS A BIG BUG, PLEASE FIX IT

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
nickwong
5933 Views, 10 Replies

REVIT 2013 RIBBON HAS A BIG BUG, PLEASE FIX IT

I have been using revit for many versions, recently had a try on revit2013.  I found out that the ribbon menu/icon didn't update by itself when I selected a face of a mass. I have to manually refresh the ribbon bar (minimize/unfold) by double click it or click the tiny triangle to make the associated icons (e.g.. The divide surface button) appear. When I finish the editing of massing and quit the mass mode, the form element menu still left in the ribbon unless I manually refresh it again.1.PNG1.PNG2.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rosskirby
in reply to: nickwong

This is most likely a video card issue.  Try disabling hardware acceleration (big R --> Options --> Graphics tab --> Uncheck "Hardware Acceleration").  If that fixes it, then you'll probably have to get a new video card that works for Revit, otherwise you won't have access to some of the nice visualization/graphics tools (ray trace, ambient shadows, etc.).

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 11
loboarch
in reply to: rosskirby

@rosskirby wrote:

If that fixes it, then you'll probably have to get a new video card that works for Revit, otherwise you won't have access to some of the nice visualization/graphics tools (ray trace, ambient shadows, etc.).

The graphics features should now work with hardware acceleration on or off now.  When hardware acceleration is turned off in 2013 the WARP (Windows OS graphics system) graphics system should take over and allow those features to still work (with some performance impact).

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 11
rosskirby
in reply to: loboarch

Good to know, Jeff, thank you.  With that said, how does the hardware acceleration contribute?

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 11
loboarch

I think overall the performance is going to be better with a certified graphics card and hardware accelleration turned on, but the use of WARP lets a wider range of users have the same graphic experience.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 6 of 11
nickwong
in reply to: rosskirby

Hi Ross, I had nvidia 8800 with my pc for few years and it works fine with Revit2011 and Revit2012, and I try to turn off the Hardware Acceleration function and restart the revit the Ribbon issue persists, it also happens with my MBP2011. I guess revit 2013 is quite different when dealing the graphic hard problem

Message 7 of 11
hugotavares6

I had the same problem. Desactivated an it stills not updating.

Message 8 of 11
hugotavares6

PLEAAASE someone give a direction. I'd reinstalled Revit and the problem stills.
😕 

Message 9 of 11
ryan.duell

I wanted to check in and confirm if this issue was still occurring? I had a few items to confirm:

1. Second Monitor:  Are you using Revit 2013 on a second monitor? If so does the same behavior occur if Revit is on the primary monitor?

2. Display Driver Management Software:  Could be related; we had an older issue where ribbon panels would be blocked by the display driver;http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2011/01/dept-of-huh-new-little-guy.html . One example is the nVidia option “Prevent windows from opening off-screen” in the post example above.  Test uninstalling any supplementary display driver software or disable specific management features to test.

3. UIState.dat:  Does the issue persist if you make a copy, then delete your UIState.dat file? You can find this file at the following location:%APPDATA%\Autodesk\Revit\{Revit Product Name} 2013\UIState.dat

4. .NET:  If the workstation has any beta or pre-release versions of .NET they should be un-installed.  Try installing the version of .NET instead which came with Revit 2013.

5. Windows Registry:  We can reset some of the Revit 2013 registry defaults to see if the issue still persists. Please take care to first backup the Windows Registry so if needed you can restore it after you rename any folders. See the document here for that process :http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS66513

Using the Windows Registry editor [Start > REGEDIT], right-click and rename the following registry folders (Panels_backup for example):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Revit\{Revit Product Name} 2013\Components\Panels
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Revit\{Revit Product Name} 2013\Components\Dialogs

Then launch Revit 2013 and see if the issue persists. Please let me know if any of these items change the behavior.

Ryan Duell
Message 10 of 11
hugotavares6

Reinstalling .NET made it work better. Thanks!!
Bests! 

Message 11 of 11
ryan.duell
in reply to: hugotavares6

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report