Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RENDERING A POINT CLOUD

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tomas
7480 Views, 6 Replies

RENDERING A POINT CLOUD

Hi, I'm usig Revit 2015 with point cloud.

Is it possible to render a view with point cloud, like 3ds 2015?

When I render a project with a point cloud, in the rendering result my point cloud disappear..

Thanks, Tomas

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: tomas

As stated in the Cloud Rendering Help, the Cloud does not render Point Clouds at this time.

FAQ for rendering in Autodesk 360

If you would like this behavior to change, the following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Tomas!

As it was written, it is not possible to "render" a view with a point cloud. But nevertheless you can create realistic high resolution views with your model and the point cloud.

You insert a point cloud into the model and print the view as a pdf in a high resolution (e.g. the format "DIN A0"). You can see an example result below. In this example I choosed a realistic style in a camera view.

Umbau 2 mit Modell_small.png

You can also create a walkthrough with your model and the point cloud. You create the walkthrough where the model and the point cloud is shown. Then you choose "Export -> Images and Animations -> Walkthrough", choose a high resolution and export it as an avi or as single images (png) (which gives you a better quality than the revit avi export).

Message 4 of 7
tomas
in reply to: Anonymous

I know this, but I need to have render also with lights and reflections.

I tried to link the project in 3ds, but the link, loose the pointcloud...

3ds can render also the pointcloud with lights.

Thanks,

Tomas

Message 5 of 7
idragonb

I use inventor - we just started scanning point clouds instead of surveying a site - rendering would definitely be a nice feature - will direct it as per your suggestion..

Flow state:
Maximum challenge with maximum skills.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

How are you getting these results with printing your point cloud? 

Frequently, the print fails to complete the entire point cloud within a printed view, or it is extremely light.  I find it is almost transparent.

Message 7 of 7
johnkTVSDW

I've been using pointclouds for past 3 years, very impressive you have been doing this since 2015!  I started with Matterport then bought a BLK360 which is great for my use, but might upgrade to better quality scanner at some point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report