Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Vertically Stacking Long Sections

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Agile1
1664 Views, 4 Replies

RE: Vertically Stacking Long Sections

I have a considerably long building that I'm cutting with a section leader.

I'd prefer to split one section into two images and stack them vertically (one over the other) on the same Sheet to be printed.

This appears to be an impossible feat in Revit.

Any recommendations are helpful. Thank you.

Only alternative is to display this long section at a lesser scale to fit onto one single page.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Use Scope Box:

1. In a Floor Plan view > View >Create > Scope Box - draw two rectangles as you want to be the splitted elevation ( if necessary use Reference Planes as guides)
  2. open the elevation view that you want to split and  make a duplicate of the view . You have now, two identical views, let's say Elevation A and Elevation B
  3. in View Elevation A : Properties > Extents > Scope Box - click on right casette - on None and the two Scope Box's names appear - suppose they are Scope Box 1 and Scope Box 2...choose one of them - Scope Box 1
  4. Repeat the steps from 3. for Elevation B - choose Scope Box 2
  5. Make a sheet into wich you bring View Elevation A and View Elevation B - Arrange the views as you want...
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

In step 2 i usually use "duplicate as a dependent" and create 2 copies of the section so i end with the complete section view and two partial section views. This way any change i made to annotations in the main section view is reflected over the other two.

Gustavo

Message 4 of 5

you are right!

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
gvoss
in reply to: Agile1

how does that solve the problem of splitting long section - you are creating 2 sections

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report