Revit Architecture

Contributor
raangle
Message 1 of 5 (359 Views)

RB Link Error issue

359 Views, 4 Replies
08-30-2012 01:59 PM

As an Architect I have been more used to Revit on the Project and Design side than the database side.  My current role has changed that a bit and I am somewhat in a bubble with Revit sometimes within this company and most of my other contacts are on the Project and Design side and can’t help either.  

As I am new to databases and ODBC side, when anything goes wrong I am lost.  I have an error message in Revit and have attached both the Log file and Error Report for reference.  Can’t get the ODBC to work on two projects I am working on, it creates the Database file fine but will not sync the data to it, that is when I get an error.

Product Support
Lance.Coffey
Message 2 of 5 (321 Views)

Re: RB Link Error issue

09-06-2012 01:55 PM in reply to: raangle

I did a search in the journal for "----Warning----", and found 48 lines like the following:
[----Warning----] Parameter changed from [Extensions.Extensions] to [ExtensionsExtensions] and it will be ignored when importing
[----Warning----] Parameter changed from [Extensions.Buffer6] to [ExtensionsBuffer6] and it will be ignored when importing
[----Warning----] Parameter changed from [Extensions.Buffer8] to [ExtensionsBuffer8] and it will be ignored when importing

It looks like the parameter names are being changed when sent through the ODBC connection (I looked online, and it doesn't look like it is a good practice to use periods in database names).

Lance Coffey
Contributor
raangle
Message 3 of 5 (291 Views)

09-10-2012 10:38 AM in reply to: raangle

Revit and or the ODBC export are doing that, I have done nothing to the database other than export via RB Link and ODBC from Revit.  It does actually create the database, its just empty and does not sync the data from Revit to the database.

Product Support
Lance.Coffey
Message 4 of 5 (278 Views)

09-11-2012 02:45 PM in reply to: raangle

Does this issue occur if you use one of the sample projects (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\{Revit version}\Program\Samples)?

Lance Coffey
Contributor
raangle
Message 5 of 5 (246 Views)

09-18-2012 03:07 PM in reply to: Lance.Coffey

have been swamped with other work, will look into this sometime this week.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube