Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAC 2010 Bug: Enter a value or a formula starting with '='

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
steini
1515 Views, 8 Replies

RAC 2010 Bug: Enter a value or a formula starting with '='

Hi

Is anyone familiar with with this bug?
When you start to draw a wall and pick the first point in the drawing area, a message box appear saying: Enter a value or a formula starting with '='

I think this has something to do with my recently installed Win7 64 bit OS.
My former OS was Win XP 32 bit and all my projects created in that OS have this problem as well as all new drawings created from my old template when opened in the new 64 bit OS.

Regards
Steini
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: steini

I remember having seen that when the units of the drawing were not the proper units. For example, you want to draw a wall but Revit cannot make it because the height value is too small because the units are in millimeters instead of feet. Check the project units when you see that error.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 9
steini

Unfortunately that's not the problem 😞
Message 4 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

Another thing that might fire that is when users try to go from, let's say...Level 2 to Level 2. (same level).
Could that be the case, or is it another 😞 ? hehe...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 9
steini

I think this is no simple case.

I was wondering if someone have had any trouble with the new subscription pack (update 3) for RAC 2010 Build: 20090925_1815(x64) or maybe if RAC Alpha 2 2011 is making this happen, I have that version installed also?
Message 6 of 9
Danielmonsen303

I get this bug eveytime I open a 2009 file in my 2010.
I think the update procedure i failing.

To solve it some what, I copy the whole buliding into a new fresh 2010 file.
But the the views dont follow..

/DM
Message 7 of 9
r.devisscher

Hello I have the same problem with a Revit File 2010.
Somebody can help me to find a better solution.
Because

Regards,

Réginald
Message 8 of 9
rodrigo_peraza

I get this whe I try to load a strudtural steel framing family... and I can not specify the type...  does anyone know why??

Message 9 of 9
ArthurDuguay

To fix this problem, just have to go to project units, Decimal symbol/digit grouping: then switch it for 123,456,789.00

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report