Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Access Toolbar invisible

33 REPLIES 33
SOLVED
Message 1 of 34
deannina
25377 Views, 33 Replies

Quick Access Toolbar invisible

Recently I installed Revit Architectural 2013 on a new Windows 8 64 proffesional laptop.  But my quick access toolbar is completly white. If I stay over the toolbar the tips show up and when I click them they function. But I cannot see what I click on. My videocard is NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M. Does somebody now’s the solution for this issue.

Thanks

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: deannina

Hi There,

Welcome to the community.

Do you have the latest graphic card drivers installed? When did this start happening?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 34
deannina
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

I have instaled the latest driver for my card drivers but the issue is the same. The problem starts from the start using Revit..I have also the same issue on Autocad 2012. Only 3ds Max 2010 don¨t have same problem on my laptop
Message 4 of 34
JoAnn_Hogan

Do you have all the service packs installed for Revit?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 34
deannina

I have instaled the update along with instalation of Revit..Now i cant instal any update? I had a versio: Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2013. What is the corect update for me. I have Windows 8 64bit.
Message 6 of 34
JoAnn_Hogan

Follow this link: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/downloads#?rows=10&sort=score

Make sure you install the service pack in order 1, 2, & 3

Jo - Ann
Message 7 of 34
deannina

I get this message when i want to instal any of update pack)1,2 or3):

Message 8 of 34
mrevelli

Hi,

I have the same problem with Revit 2014 Update 2 + Windows 8.1 + Nvdia Quadro K110M, is there any solutions?

Regards

Max

Message 9 of 34
deannina

Hi,

The solution is on NVIDIA 3d adjustment. Right click on NVIDIA icon and select NVIDIA Control Panel then find the 3d adjustent and(find your software) select integrated graphics then restart PC..I atach print screen but is Slovene Language.. 🙂 but i hope you manage from here..

by

Message 10 of 34
mrevelli

It works!!!

You are the best, thanks again

Message 11 of 34
deannina

Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 34
Max.Tilling

Hi, this isnt a solution, using the integrated graphics means revit 2013 doesnt preform as it should (3d), this needs to be sorted asap? Autodesk any solutions????

Message 13 of 34
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Max.Tilling

@Anonymous.890 wrote:

Hi, this isnt a solution, using the integrated graphics means revit 2013 doesnt preform as it should (3d), this needs to be sorted asap? Autodesk any solutions????

Windows 8 is not a supported operating system for Revit 2013,

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Operating-system-compatibility-for-Autodesk-Revit-products.html

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 14 of 34

I am having the same issue with windows 8.1 and revit 2014 adn the gtx 850m.  I have installed all the service packs, however, by switching to the integrated graphics, it means I don't get to take advantage of the nvidia graphics card.  Is there a fix for this or should I pick a computer with a different graphics card?

Message 15 of 34
k.j.kielar

Dear Users,

Instead choosinng Intergrated video card, it's better to move your coursor next to the Revit button (above menu tabs), click right mouse button and choose "Show Quick Access Toolbar below the Ribbon" (see picture below")

Show Quick Access Toolbar.png

Have a nice day

KiEUeK

Message 16 of 34
mattm
in reply to: k.j.kielar

My user did not find this to be a viable solution, they want the QAC where it was originally located. I honestly agree with them. We have 6 computers with the same build and only one machine has this issue. Same drivers across the board. I have kicked that workstation back to integrated graphics and will attempt to get a replacement video card but I doubt that will change the situation.

Message 17 of 34
mark.silcock

Well that makes expensive Quadro cards even more of a waste of money! Nice!

Message 18 of 34
cmamvuto

Hi,

I tried doing what you said but had a challenge with my Lenovo T440p laptop. When I tried to select the software under "Select a program to customize" dropdown list, Autodesk AutoCAD was not showing (although the program is installed on my laptop) and I had to add it to the list. After I added it to the dropdown list, I am failing to select the preferred graphics processor under "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program" dropdown list. This list is greyed out.

Attached is the screenshot showing Manage 3D Settings dialog box as well as the specifications for my laptop.

After I failed to use the Manage 3D Settings dialog box, I tried clean uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling. It only worked for a few minutes, and the Quick Access Toolbar then disappeared.

May someone kindly assist with a solution.

Message 19 of 34
mookiepoops
in reply to: cmamvuto

I wish I had a better answer for you but you're explaining our situation pretty closely. We sent the computer back and got one with a different video card but that's obviously not for everyone. 

Message 20 of 34
tariq.mohd207
in reply to: k.j.kielar

its working right clicks the mouse button,next to the Revit Ikon there appears an option "show quick access toolbar" click on it.

you quick access toolbar appears...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report