Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxygraphics Problem

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
cedervall
8041 Views, 6 Replies

Proxygraphics Problem

Hi,

I am getting the error that

"Some elements were lost during import. ActiveX an some proprietary components cannot be imported. Try exploding the file in Autocad or setting the PROXYGRAPHICS to 1."

Please help in this matter.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cvandevere
in reply to: cedervall

You have imported an autocad drawing into your revit project. In autocad either explode the autocad drawing with the explode tool or also in autocad type in PROXYGRAPHICS at the command line hit enter and change the setting from 0 TO 1. If you don't have autocad ask the sender of the file to do it and resend.

CDV
Message 3 of 7
rgay
in reply to: cvandevere

And what do you do if neither of those solutions work?

Message 4 of 7
sjabbar
in reply to: rgay

Have the same issue here. Gone through setting up the proxygraphic setting to 1 (which it was anyway) and tried exploding blocks, copying and pasting into a new clean AutoCAD, yet exact same error resurfaces across both the 2017 and 2018 Revit versions across multiple projects. Am not able to insert CAD imports nor links, this error message comes up upon opening drawings as well as during the process of inserting CAD links and/or imports.

The Cad files are internal company files.

This is a relatively new development. Revit 2018 and 2017 have both been recently reinstalled to resolve other software issues.

Message 5 of 7
Viveka_CD
in reply to: sjabbar

Hi @sjabbar@cedervall@rgay@cvandevere

Can you try the recommendations in this article and let me know if it helps resolve the issue?

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
sjabbar
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Hi Viveka,

Yes, apologies I suppose that I should have posted sooner. I managed to find a solution not too dissimilar, actually identical, to your suggestion. I saved the CAD file (a cleaned up and new file) to a 2010 version and it seems to have resolved that issue thankfully.

Thank you very much for your input.

Kind regards,

Sadiqa

Message 7 of 7
Viveka_CD
in reply to: sjabbar

Hi @sjabbar

No worries! Thanks for responding.

I'm glad to hear that your issue is resolved. Smiley Happy

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report