Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property/Boundary Lines - extruding ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MKEllis
624 Views, 1 Reply

Property/Boundary Lines - extruding ?

I have a linked CAD file that shows the site boundary in a model and I have used this to generate a property line.

I am now trying to 'extrude' this property line so that it is visible in section views with a height of approx 8m. As the boundary is so close to the structure, and we are using ground beams etc. I would like to to have the property boundary appear as a vertical line in whatever section views we cut through the ground beams so that we can verify that we are not overstepping the site.

Is there a way to 'loft' the line to a given height ?

Thanks

Martin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MKEllis
in reply to: MKEllis

OK I have found a work-around for this - but I'm still having a problem using dimensions with it.

I have used an Inplace Mass, using the Linked Cad Boundary Line, and extruded the form.

I then created a new object category - Form Boundary - and an associated material Boundary - with transparency at 100%, and line set to dash-dot/red. It works quite well in the way that it appears in sections and plans - with one problem - I cannot get dimensions to snap to it.

It is critical that I can place dimensions at various sections to indicated gridlines, capping beams etc. to the boundary line - any idea how I can do this ?

massboundary.jpg

Mass Boundary

massboundary2.jpg

Unable to dim to the mass edge (it is not selectable with any dim tool, or able to have a ref-plane snapped to it) - I guess because it is not perpendicular to the section line.

EDITED: The fact that it is not perpendicular is the issue - I got dims working OK with a squared off mass, but rotate it slightly, and it makes the dim invalid.

Any ideas how I can get this dimensioned in section and plan ?

Thanks

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report