Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Palette and Project Browser do not show up

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
CharlesBerteaux
9657 Views, 10 Replies

Properties Palette and Project Browser do not show up

I have a new machine - Dell Precision T3600 ,  windows 7 64x, 16gb ram, Intel (r) Xeon (r) E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz processor, with Revit 2013 Architectural Design Suite, and Revit 2014 Architectural Design Suite installed.

When I open Revit 2014, I can not see either the Properties Palette nor the Project Browser. Both are checked of as being shown in the User Interface. I have even assigned Hot Keys to try and force them open that way, with absolutely no sucess.

When I open 2013 I have no issues.

I have uninstalled both suites, and even re-imaged my machine with the exact same results.

Any one have any Idea what the heck could be up??????

Charles Berteaux IV
EDT BIM/VDC/Technology Department Manager | SSOE Group | Hillsboro
www.ssoe.com

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

If you have not already done so, try deleting the UIState.dat file in the location below.   

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2014

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 11

Tried this and it did not work. if you look at the enclosed image, you can see that it looks like its wanting to show up, but then when the app finally fully boots up, its gone. both Project Browser and Properties Palette.

Charles Berteaux IV
www.ssoe.com

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Message 4 of 11

Re-start the PC and try opening Revit again. Assuming the properties and browser fail to open attach your latest journal. Journals are located here: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2014\Journals

If you cannot attached the journal here place it in a Dropbox and send me the link.

Thanks,

Message 5 of 11

re-deleted UIState file, shut down and re-started PC and Revit, no difference. Here are the log files requested.

Charles Berteaux IV
www.ssoe.com

Message 6 of 11

Thanks for posting your journals.

You are not on the latest build of Revit. Go here and download/install and re-test: http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2013/07/update-release-1-for-revit-2014.html

Your graphics drives are newer than the certified ones. I not certain that this is causing the issue but its worth mentioning: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert/card?siteID=123112&catID=18254205&id=18844534&product=8...

In your first post you mentioned re-imaging. How are you doing this? Is the image from a PC where Revit looks and works as expected or is it a snap shot of itself? If its a snap shot of itself I would suggest  doing a clean uninstall/re-install. Go here for details: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:_wi-uoG8AeQJ:wikihelp.autodesk.com/Installation...

Message 7 of 11

Not sure that this did anything, but it deffinately never hurts to have the most up to date version of the application.

Turns out having dual monitors plays a part. The pallets were not docked and on the second monitor. When the primary monitor was switched, the palletes were now being pushed to a monitor that no longer existed (in theory).

I reset her Desktop Display option to just one monitor. Once the pallettes apeared, I docked them back into the application, then repushed the Desktop Display to Extend across the teo monitors.

Seems were Golden Now!!!

Thanks Autodesk for the Help!!

Charles Berteaux IV
www.ssoe.com

Message 8 of 11
svasilion
in reply to: CharlesBerteaux

I realize this message is posting several months after your request.  The easiest way to restore lost items like the Properties Palatte is:

1. Click on the View tab

2. Click on User Interface ribbon box (far right of screen)

3. A drop-down appears with check boxes for all the typical items.  Click on the ones you want.

This works regardless of whether you are using one or two monitors, or if you have switched from using one to the other.

Message 9 of 11
malindos
in reply to: svasilion

****.....it really works! thanks ei...so much!

Message 10 of 11

As more of my users move into 3 monitors, there becomes another issue. 

Having the laptop open plus 2 monitors means you need to make sure all monitors are set to the same zoom (our Windows 10 image was doing this). Adjust resolution from there.

Otherwise you'll get the palettes not only not docking, but drop down menus will 'appear' as an outline off of the screen!

Message 11 of 11

Thanks a lot. U just solved my problem. But I have more than one work plane displayed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report