Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project template Title Blocks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rhines
2173 Views, 4 Replies

Project template Title Blocks

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of setting up my company's template file and had a couple of questions. I have the title block setup pretty much the way it needs to be except for one thing. We show the addresses of each of our offices (currently four) on the title block with the only difference graphically being that the text of the office the project is based out of is in bold. Instead of creating and maintaining four seperate title blocks, I'd like to have a family that contains multiple types designating each office when the title block is inserted. Then the user would just select the correct family type and have the text show up highlighted for their particular office. First question, can this be done or will four seperate title blocks need to be created? Second quesition, if it can be done, how can the text be changed to show correctly for each office location?

I'm a newbie to Revit so any help would be grealty appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ryan.duell
in reply to: rhines

I would recommend setting this up as 1 Title Block family, containing 4 simple Types you could easily preset to toggle this Project Office.  If it is just a simple name, you could simply use text with a visibility parameter:

1.  Create the text to represent office location for each line.
2.  Create a second text style for “Bold”
3.  Paste the text to the same location; assign overlapping text to Bold Type
4.  Create 4 Types in this Title Block family.
5.  Then create a visibility parameter yes/no for each line of text.
6.  Associate the text visibility so that for the “ProjectA” type, for example, the other 3 Bold Text lines are not visible, and the regular text A is not visible.  So then only A would be Bold [and visible], and the remaining 3 lines of text would be regular and visible:

Video Example: http://www.screencast.com/t/3zZQHK5e

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 5
rhines

That looks great, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 5
rhines

I got it to work and it works as shown. The only problem is that now users cna make these changes on each individual sheet. Can these features be made so that they are only changable in the title block.rtf file and not the sheets? If it can be changed on every sheet, then users could accidently change these values. In autocad, these chages are made on in the title block xref file and not in each sheet file. Not sure if it can be done this way but interested in seeing if it can.

Message 5 of 5
ryan.duell

If you didn’t make a type for each option, you would have to edit the Title Block family or Type Properties and check the boxes for the visibility. 

That may be an approach to ensure that the Title Block needs to be edited directly, and avoid a user overriding the type selector pull down for each sheet.

In that scenario there would be no individual Types for the Title Block Family.  Just make sure to set the Yes/No parameters to be Type versus Instance.  That would allow the visibility changes to affect all sheets and not just one.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report