Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Point and Survey Point

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
civman_daar
400 Views, 1 Reply

Project Point and Survey Point

Does Revit Arch. 2011 lockdown the position of either of these points in relationship to the model?  If I saveas to a project, as a central file,  does it lock down the position of either of these points?  If I export the model into Civil 3D 2010 the insertion point is the project point, not the survey point.  The survey point has been moved to the proper coordinates, and the model updated to the coordinate position via the specify coordinates at point command.  Has anyone experienced this behavior?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ryan.duell
in reply to: civman_daar

At any time in the project you can change the project base \ survey point.  It never really gets locked down, and you can change it through a variety of approaches such as publishing coordinates, relocating the project, specifying coordinates at a point, acquiring coordinates, or transferring project standards.  I have included some examples below:

Publish Coordinates

Acquire Coordinates

Specify Coordinates at a Point

Relocate Project

Transfer Project Standards

For the ADSK Civil3D workflow it functions somewhat differently where the Survey Point coordinates are utilized.  I would reference the thread below on this issue, which included tutorials on the necessary workflow:

Project Point and Revit Internal Coordinate system

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report