Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Browser

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
410 Views, 3 Replies

Project Browser

The ability to control Project Browser organization is a great improvement. In future versions it might be nice to expand its functionality to include a wildcard filter (and also for sorting) mechanism. I'd like, for example, to have many views that are suffixed with " (work)" to indicate that those that are designated as temporary working views. It would be great to be able to see only those views. I realize that I can filter on all those not on a sheet, but that would only be useful towards the end of a project. Thanks again for this huge improvement. Sincerely, glynnis patterson, Architect RAND IMAGINiT www.rand.com/imaginit
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Theoretically, if you named your views with an indicator at the beginning of the name (i.e. "WORK-Level 1"), you could create folders grouped by View Name with the 'Leading Characters" option set to 4. This should filter the views accordingly. See attachments.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks James, This is a good start for sorting, though I'd like to be able to Filter out the "TEMP" folder completely. Perhaps next version. glynnis
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Glynnis,

It sounds like you want a quick fix, however, if you definitely need this functionality now, it can be accomplished using a project parameter.

Go to Settings-Project Parameters and add a project parameter named "Temporary," using type "Yes/No" and select the categories "Views" and "Drawing Sheets." Make sure it is an Instance parameter.

Once the parameter is created, you can now go into the properties of any view or sheet and you will see a checkbox next to a value called "Temporary". Simply check the box in views that are TEMP views.

To filter these values in the browser, go to Settings-Browser Organization and click New. Then group as required, but go to the Filter tab and Filter by: Temporary - Equal to: Yes. The browser will now only show the views that are 'Temporary'.

Sorry to be so verbose, but I just wanted to make sure you knew there was a solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report