Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Shared Parameters

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dmc-az
2892 Views, 7 Replies

Problems with Shared Parameters

I have a wall type tag that I have created with a shared parameter that is a text option that can be added to the wall type number such as an 'A' to wall type 1 becoming a Wall Type '1A'.  It is an instance parameter and a shared parameter that shows up in the shared parameters undera  'Wall Type Options' Group.

This is the problem:  Everytime I start to tag walls the wall type option is grayed out and uneditable.  I have screwed around with it before to finally get it editable, but no logical sequence seems towork twice in a row.

using Revit 2012.  any assistance would be appreciated.

thx

doug

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: dmc-az

dmc-az wrote: 
...Everytime I start to tag walls the wall type option is grayed out and uneditable. ..

Can you explain that part?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8
dmc-az
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I add a wall tag,  click to add the value for the Wall Type Option, the dialogue box pops up,  but the wall type option parameter iis grayed out (i.e. uneditable) and I cannot insert a value.

Message 4 of 8
Alfredo_Medina

@dmc-az wrote:

I add a wall tag,  click to add the value for the Wall Type Option, the dialogue box pops up,  but the wall type option parameter iis grayed out (i.e. uneditable) and I cannot insert a value.

Sorry, I don't understand that sequence. Which "dialog box pops up" when placing wall tags?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 8
dmc-az
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

attached is the dialogue box

Message 6 of 8
dmc-az

I figured it out:

Go to manage>Project Parameters

Click Add – Select the name of the ‘Shared parameter’ from the list and make it available to walls

It then shows up as editable in the Wall Tag

thanks for responding to the post!

Message 7 of 8
Alfredo_Medina

Ah, OK, the confusion was because of these 2 things:

1) usually, values in tags are entered in the properties dialog box (instance or type) of the object being tagged, not in that dialog that you show, UNLESS the tag contains a group of parameters in the same label; when the tag has different labels with individual parameters, that dialog box is not available.

2) You said that you were doing a "click to add the value" , when it is actually a "double click" what opens that kind of dialog box when a tag contains one single label with multiple parameters.

About the parameter, yes, if you create a shared parameter and want to use it in a project, you need to create a project parameter, and specify a category; otherwise, the project does not "know" that you create a shared parameter, or where to apply it.

Message 8 of 8

and it is important that you choose right category (wall in this case) while addint project paramter.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report