Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems modeling wall footings and grade beams.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
aireq
851 Views, 0 Replies

Problems modeling wall footings and grade beams.

I'm having some trouble modeling the wall footings, and grade beams on a project.

I'd like to use a wall footing as then my walls, footings, and grade beams will move with each other, but there doesn't seem to be a way to extend the footing past the wall. Instead I've been using regular beams. For example see the image below.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Notice how the footing extends past the CMU wall. Is there a way to make a wall footing do this?

In addition, it seems that my walls are somehow associating themselves with the beams and preventing them from cleaning up properly. With the walls on top of the beams I am not able to get the two beams shown on the left side of the image above to clean up properly. However, if I raise the base of the wall above the beam and re-attached the beams to one another then notch in the corner goes away, as shown in the image below.

If I move the base of the wall back down and move the beams then the notch reappears.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report