Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
amontri
Message 1 of 3 (162 Views)

Problematic Space Creation causing Heating and Cooling Loads Analysis to Stall

162 Views, 2 Replies
11-05-2013 03:45 AM

I have a model of an automotive industrial facility that has one huge floor area but under roof coverings that vary in height.  I am trying to perform a Heating and Cooling Load analysis, but it stalls at "Processing: Preparing data for zone:.." whenever I try to make this space be bounded by the roofs of different heights.  I thought that by creating a Level above the height of the tallest rooftop, that the space would snap to the roof, which seems to be the case when I view the building from the different section views.  But for some reason, doing this causes the processing to hang and return nothing.  Can anyone suggest something, please?
thank you!

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 2 of 3 (131 Views)

Re: Problematic Space Creation causing Heating and Cooling Loads Analysis to Sta

11-08-2013 06:25 AM in reply to: amontri

So - just checking..

you have all the spaces and zones set up?

You have set the building/space type?

You have gone through the energy settings and set everything there as needed?

How big of a file/building are you talking about?

Are you on subscription - if so have you tried exporting to a gbxml and taken it into green building studio?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Valued Contributor
amontri
Message 3 of 3 (126 Views)

Re: Problematic Space Creation causing Heating and Cooling Loads Analysis to Sta

11-08-2013 06:53 AM in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks for the response and suggestions!  

The building is over 51,000 sq meters.  I have tried the Green Building Studio as well, and the run simulation failed due to my walls being too specific, or something like that. But I got an email from Autodesk support folks suggesting a fix for this that involves using walls that will obtain a successful run and then changing the walls back....etc etc...I have yet to try that..

But about the space problem, I sort of "fixed" it by separating the big spaces into smaller spaces, because I think having roofs of different heights for the same one big space causes issues......though I am not sure about anything...

thanks again for your help!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube