Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problematic Space Creation causing Heating and Cooling Loads Analysis to Stall

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
amontri
256 Views, 2 Replies

Problematic Space Creation causing Heating and Cooling Loads Analysis to Stall

I have a model of an automotive industrial facility that has one huge floor area but under roof coverings that vary in height.  I am trying to perform a Heating and Cooling Load analysis, but it stalls at "Processing: Preparing data for zone:.." whenever I try to make this space be bounded by the roofs of different heights.  I thought that by creating a Level above the height of the tallest rooftop, that the space would snap to the roof, which seems to be the case when I view the building from the different section views.  But for some reason, doing this causes the processing to hang and return nothing.  Can anyone suggest something, please?
thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: amontri

So - just checking..

you have all the spaces and zones set up?

You have set the building/space type?

You have gone through the energy settings and set everything there as needed?

How big of a file/building are you talking about?

Are you on subscription - if so have you tried exporting to a gbxml and taken it into green building studio?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
amontri
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks for the response and suggestions!  

The building is over 51,000 sq meters.  I have tried the Green Building Studio as well, and the run simulation failed due to my walls being too specific, or something like that. But I got an email from Autodesk support folks suggesting a fix for this that involves using walls that will obtain a successful run and then changing the walls back....etc etc...I have yet to try that..

But about the space problem, I sort of "fixed" it by separating the big spaces into smaller spaces, because I think having roofs of different heights for the same one big space causes issues......though I am not sure about anything...

thanks again for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report