Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem opening my project

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
293 Views, 2 Replies

Problem opening my project

My computer started to get a little slow because I had been working on revit for 10 straight hours. I heard it is good to save and exit every once and awhile to give your computer a break, so i did so. I come back an hour later an when I try and open it, it says "unable to save because of unresolved pointer references. Please contact Autodesk Support." I saved about every 20 min the whole 10 hrs i was working and it seemed to be saving fine until I exited out. Do you know how I can recover my file?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The idea is to hit the save button after you finish a little work so

you don't have to do that work over if Revit crashes, like it normally

does occasionally. If it crashes just before you were going to hit the

save button, then you get to do that little bit of work over again.

And your computer might be working like a dog but it doesn't have

to stop and rest like a dog.

Message 3 of 3
parveen.revit
in reply to: Anonymous

If it's a stand alone (single user) revit file, you'll find few revit files with file_name.001, 002 and so on.

You may check the properties (time) of the file with last number and use that as last saved backup file.

If you are working on a workshare enabled (central) file, you can go to Colloborate Tab and choose the Backup recovery option. It would ask you to select a folder with the name as you revit file.

Regarding unresolved pointer references, Jeff and team (Autodesk) may be able to suggest something concrete.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report