Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem importing AutoCAD Files

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lorenzo_sa3
247 Views, 1 Reply

Problem importing AutoCAD Files

Hi, Guys!

I'm using Revit 2014.

When I try to import or link any AutoCAD drawing the command won't work and I don't even get an error message.

I go to "Link CAD", select the file, do all the configuration (select the import units and the level I want to place) and when I click Ok the drawing does not appear.

I opened the Manage Links list and there's nothing. I also certified that my floor plan has the Visibility/Graphics checked on Imported Categories.

My floor plan is not croping the view and there's nothing on the Zoom Extents.

I save my AutoCAD files in 2010 version, but I have tried other versions as well and nothing seems to work.

Any idea of what's going on?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gregamhale
in reply to: lorenzo_sa3

Try opening the CAD file and moving all contents to 0,0,0.  Then reimporting.  You may want to purge out extra stuff you don't need.  If it is an AutoCAD Architecture or Civil 3D file, you may need to install object enablers to see native geometry.  My trick around this is to use the "Export to AutoCAD" function within AutoCAD and save to your preferred version.  

You should also check 3D views within Revit in case the import is outside the view range.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report