Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing colours or Black Lines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Barryfisher
3930 Views, 5 Replies

Printing colours or Black Lines

Hi

In our company we currently model using coloured lines rather than the Revit desired black/white but we are more and more being asked to print the odd view on a sheet with coloured lines or a coloured 3d view.

As some of us have grown up on th edrawing board through to Revit we are so used to the coloured lines and feel that it gives the drawing depth and is so much easier to understand.

I have been trying every way to keep the coloured linies but using view templates. filters and phasing to enable me to change views quickly from coloured to black and then back but there is no easy quick transition especially as we can't use these to change standard linetypes.

Has anyone successfully managed this or could advise how to do this?

Also does anyone know why Autodesk have made this such a difficult issue within revit... Now we can model in 3D, create schedules automatic yet Autocad is much better for plotting...

Many thanx Barry

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mkotsamanes
in reply to: Barryfisher

When you are printing click on the settings, then in the middle right is a pulldown with 3 colour options (Black Lines, Grayscale and Color).

It's not perfect but it might do the trick for you. However if you are printing a group of views (print range) they would all have to be one or the other.

Hope that Helped

Mark

Message 3 of 6
loboarch

Maybe I am not understanding the issue completly, but there is a toggle control in the print setup that allows you to toggle printing from color to black lines.

print_setup.png

This will allow element in the project to display in color in the project but print in black.  if you set this setting to color, then when you print the color you see in the application will be maintained when printed.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 6
Barryfisher
in reply to: mkotsamanes

It's a bit more complicated than that but i've got around with with view templates and filters...

Message 5 of 6
TAJustus12

Hey.  I am still struggling with this issue.  My current snag is because some title blocks have consultants logos that they want shown in color!   So I can’t just use a global option like the print settings (b/w, greyscale or color).   Did you ever find a fix?

thanks,

tommy

Thomas
Message 6 of 6
a_kralkay
in reply to: TAJustus12

What has worked for me is using the "Black Lines" setting. But use a PDF printer (use the print button but select a PDF printer such as Bluebeam) and click the "Properties..." button beside the printer drop down then select "Color" in the printer settings. This prints all lines as black but allows things like 3D views and title block logos to print in color.

Make sure you change the printer settings to color AFTER changing all other settings. For some reason it seems to default to "black & white" after changing other settings.

The only downside to this approach is that grey lines also print black. But for some reason selecting "greyscale" results in colored line printing in color... Exactly like the "color" setting... Doesn't make any sense but neither does half the stuff in Revit lol. Maybe its just a bug in 2023 version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report