Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing and previewing a sketch in A4 paper with a scale of 1/100,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JamaL9722060
4553 Views, 4 Replies

Printing and previewing a sketch in A4 paper with a scale of 1/100,

This is my first experience in Revit.

What I’m simply looking for is to print the a sketch in A4 page with a scale of 1/100.

Also, I couldn’t figure out how the print preview works! Sounds to be quite different form what we have in the AutoCAD!

Thank you

Best

Jamal

Clip_84.jpg

Clip_85.jpg

Clip_86.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: JamaL9722060

The Print Preview functions pretty much like it does in AutoCAD, except:

• You cannot use Print Preview in conjunction with the plotting range "Selected views/sheets"
  • "Visible portion of current window" equates to plotting "Display" in AutoCAD
  • There is no Print Window in Revit. (I find this very obnoxious at times)
  • You have two set levels of zoom as opposed to being able to freely zoom in AutoCAD.

In the images that you posted, under 'Print Setup' your preview is set to "Zoom: 100%" so it is plotting to scale. If you change this to "Fit to page", it would fit better on the sheet. Revit is also determining the "plot extents" based on the outermost elements - namely the elevation symbols in this case.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
JamaL9722060
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Many thanks for the contribution and the very useful notes.

To understand how the print works, I drew a rectangle of 27x29 which could be fit in A4 when we print with a scale of 1/100 (considering that the drawing unit is meter). In case of Autocad, if I need to print this sheet, then I set it as follows:

Clip_119.jpg

What equivalent settings in the Revit might enable me to print my drawing with a scale of 1/100 in A4 pages knowing that the drawing unit is in meter (the 100 cm is drawn as 1 unit)

Clip_120.jpg

Clip_121.jpg

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Printing Views can be quite a hassle. So your Print Setup » Paper Placement is currently set to "Offset from corner", which is causing Revit to define the area per the red rectangle in the image below. Setting it to "Center" can also cause a problem if your building is not exactly centered within the extents (almost a certainty) as per the green rectangle in the image below.

PlotExtents1.JPG

What you will have to do is turn on the Crop Region (a checkbox under the View's Properties) and adjust it to crop out the extraneous annotations that you do not want to print. This will permit Revit to better define the extents in which to print. Plot "Center" for best results, typically.

PlotExtents2.JPG

If you do not wish to modify your View in this way, then create a Dependent View. That way, you can crop and print as needed without affecting the parent View.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
JamaL9722060
in reply to: CoreyDaun

This is quite helpful. Sounds to work.

Best

Jamal

Clip_125.jpg

Clip_126.jpg

Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report