Revit Architecture

Mentor
IMCornish
Message 1 of 6 (200 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printing A 'Keynote Legend' Directly from a View

200 Views, 5 Replies
12-30-2013 03:41 AM

I have been trying to print a Keynote Legend directly to a network printer specifically because I wish to reference the legend whilst working at another PC to edit some specification notes which refer to the project I am working on. However, whilst the process (in Revit) seems straight forward "R"> Print> Print> Print Dialog>OK, having set the print properties etc, when I go to 'Print Range'> Selected Views/Sheets> Select> View/Sheet Set Dialog> <in-session> the two other Legends are listed but not the Keynote Legend!  See below, whilst the 'Keynote Legend Can be clearly seen in the Project Browser and is the open view.  Can anyone suggest why this might be?

Keynote legend.png

View_Sheet_Set.png

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 6 (173 Views)

Re: Printing A 'Keynote Legend' Directly from a View

12-30-2013 05:46 AM in reply to: IMCornish

One cannot directly print some View Types such as Legends or Schedules. You will have to create a blank sheet (no title block), attach the View to it, and then Print from there.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Mentor
IMCornish
Message 3 of 6 (152 Views)

12-30-2013 09:37 AM in reply to: CADastrophe
Thank You Corey, the fount of all knowledge as usual. Any idea why the 'creators' should choose to make this so?
Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 6 (150 Views)

12-30-2013 09:43 AM in reply to: IMCornish

It's more likely that they just didn't believe that such functionality was [comparatively] important enough to invest time and money into, like so many other outstanding issues. I have this on my personal wish list - I would specifically like to be able to print Schedules and electrical Panel Schedules directly from the View.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Mentor
IMCornish
Message 5 of 6 (146 Views)

12-30-2013 09:49 AM in reply to: CADastrophe
Is it worth me adding it to my wish list also?
Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 6 of 6 (136 Views)

12-30-2013 11:27 AM in reply to: IMCornish

Well, you could, but it would probably be most useful to submit this issue using the link below (which is frequently posted by Autodesk Support staff) and to vote and support this on the AUGI Wish List.

Autodesk Product Support

"The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:"

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube