Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing A 'Keynote Legend' Directly from a View

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
IMCornish
1639 Views, 5 Replies

Printing A 'Keynote Legend' Directly from a View

I have been trying to print a Keynote Legend directly to a network printer specifically because I wish to reference the legend whilst working at another PC to edit some specification notes which refer to the project I am working on. However, whilst the process (in Revit) seems straight forward "R"> Print> Print> Print Dialog>OK, having set the print properties etc, when I go to 'Print Range'> Selected Views/Sheets> Select> View/Sheet Set Dialog> <in-session> the two other Legends are listed but not the Keynote Legend!  See below, whilst the 'Keynote Legend Can be clearly seen in the Project Browser and is the open view.  Can anyone suggest why this might be?

Keynote legend.png

View_Sheet_Set.png

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: IMCornish

One cannot directly print some View Types such as Legends or Schedules. You will have to create a blank sheet (no title block), attach the View to it, and then Print from there.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
IMCornish
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank You Corey, the fount of all knowledge as usual. Any idea why the 'creators' should choose to make this so?
Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

It's more likely that they just didn't believe that such functionality was [comparatively] important enough to invest time and money into, like so many other outstanding issues. I have this on my personal wish list - I would specifically like to be able to print Schedules and electrical Panel Schedules directly from the View.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
IMCornish
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Is it worth me adding it to my wish list also?
Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun

Well, you could, but it would probably be most useful to submit this issue using the link below (which is frequently posted by Autodesk Support staff) and to vote and support this on the AUGI Wish List.

Autodesk Product Support

"The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:"

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report