Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing Suite deployments

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jeff_howard2
385 Views, 6 Replies

Preparing Suite deployments

I am looking to see if anyone knows the steps to create a single deployment package for the Autodesk software suites?

My company is on subscription and can download all of the individual software packages, but there are not any instructions for creating a single deployment package for a suite like AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite that includes both Revit & AutoCAD and several other things.

Anyone have any pointers?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jason_S
in reply to: jeff_howard2

@jeff_howard2 wrote:

I am looking to see if anyone knows the steps to create a single deployment package for the Autodesk software suites?

My company is on subscription and can download all of the individual software packages, but there are not any instructions for creating a single deployment package for a suite like AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite that includes both Revit & AutoCAD and several other things.

Anyone have any pointers?

Unfortunately you can't with that suite.  Since you have to download the parts separately you have to create separate deployments.

I am in the same boat creating a couple different deployments for each part and putting them into one folder labeled the suite name on the server.

Hope this helps you out.

Message 3 of 7
jeff_howard2
in reply to: Jason_S

So I guess there is an advantage to getting one copy of the media on DVD or USB drive.

Message 4 of 7
Jason_S

@jeff_howard2 wrote:

So I guess there is an advantage to getting one copy of the media on DVD or USB drive.

The DVD still comes with separate DVD for each software package.  Not sure on the USB.  If you want them all combined you will need to get the newer suite packages Autodesk is selling now.  The Building Design Series.

http://usa.autodesk.com/autodesk-building-design-suite/

Message 5 of 7
jeff_howard2
in reply to: Jason_S

We have the Building Design Suite also, but since 3dsmax 2013 has not been released yet that suite is not available for download.  I guess I would be asking to much of Autodesk to included the "Suite" installer for download rather then all of the individual software packages.  Granted it's a 28Gb download, but well worth the time to download so I don't have to create deployment packages for each piece of software in the suite.

Message 6 of 7
DarrenP

autodesk does offer the suite download that way

its broken out to like 4 or 5 files you have to download and it extracts all at once when you have the files downloaded

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

granted autodesk does separate the 32 bit and 64 bit of the suite into separate downloads

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report