Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predefine Room Names with Identity Data?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bmillerponcho
1169 Views, 1 Reply

Predefine Room Names with Identity Data?

I do a lot of cookie cutter type buildings with pretty much the same room names and finishes for each building. Is it possible to predefine the room names with the identity data (to incl. base finish, floor finish, occupancy etc) in my template file and then just select this as I place the rooms? 

I have tried creating the room with the identity data but all I can do is select the room. The predefined identity data does not translate to the new room number. 

For example:

I create a room called 'Room Test 1' with a base finish, ceiling finish, floor finish and wall finish. I then go to place a room on the drawing. I can select 'Room Test 1' but all it does is add another 'Room Test 1' with a different room number and no identity data.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Just figured it out! On the option bar there are... wait for it... MORE OPTIONS! Well, who would have thunk it.After making my room schedule I can then place rooms. When you go to place a room, after selecting the room button go to the options bar and select your room from the list of rooms. I was so caught up in the properties bar that I forgot to look at the options bar!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report