Revit Architecture

Valued Mentor
gh_ar
Message 1 of 4 (159 Views)

Polygon Wall Problem

159 Views, 3 Replies
09-14-2013 09:51 AM

hi

Why when Drawing wall With Tool Polygon Surface External Wall Inside the polygon Placed.

Is there a way There are The default In the external Be.

Not pressing Space While drawing.

Because the radius is important for me.

thanks.

Polygon Wall Problem.jpg

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 2 of 4 (140 Views)

Re: Polygon Wall Problem

09-14-2013 11:59 AM in reply to: gh_ar

It seems that there is indeed a problem with the wall orientation...at least I didn't find the solution...

Personally, I do not find it very frustrating because I prefer to make first a geometric sketch that allows me a more accurate approach :

1. First , I draw a polygon : Architecture > Model Line > Inscribed (or Circumscribed ) Polygon .
  2. Then: Architecture > Wall > Pick Lines....use TAB in order to select the entire polygon and hovering the mouse control how the wall is placed  (image 1 and 2) on the polygon edges....

But , as I said, this is my personal approach....

Image 212.png

Image 214.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Valued Mentor
gh_ar
Message 3 of 4 (138 Views)

09-14-2013 12:03 PM in reply to: constantin.stroescu

hi

Namely I draw One Polygon Should be Of several Tools I use.

No - I do not accept

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 4 (116 Views)

09-14-2013 02:15 PM in reply to: gh_ar

Yes, I agree with Constantin. I would draw a polygon with lines, first, then I would draw walls following that polygon as a guide. Not a big deal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube