Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plywood detail fill patteren I don't like! Rotate thefill?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
billy007
4117 Views, 9 Replies

Plywood detail fill patteren I don't like! Rotate thefill?

When the plywood runs vertical the fill should rotate so hat it doesn't look like a glue lam hatch! I've went into the plywood draft hatch fill and it is set to align so I changed it to orient to view and NOTHING changes? Draw a new plywood piece nd still aligned horizontal!

Can you set the drafting fill to run this way if the componentis horizontal and it rotates with the plywood object if you angle it or it runs vertical?

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Scott_Womack
in reply to: billy007

You can set it, but this is a "feature" that does not work, even in 2009. They are aware of it, since they printed it in their known issues document.

Scott Womack
Message 3 of 10
billy007

Nice.... well I'm sure it will get fixed sooner or later!

Thanks
Message 4 of 10
bs
Explorer

Still doesn't seem to be fixed in 2010 version.....
Message 5 of 10
regalith
in reply to: bs

Still not fixed in 2011 version...

Please tell me I just haven't found the correct option yet?

I know it's seems like a minor issue but tell that to my manager...

We can't use the Plywood component, drawing the pattern in lines now...

c

Message 6 of 10
t1ajc

I've been told that the align with object options in regards to drafting hatch patterns only applies to system families, i.e. walls, floors, roofs.

You can make a model hatch pattern, however, the default plywood, and most other patterns I've tried become too dense and don't work.

Message 7 of 10
regalith
in reply to: t1ajc

To get around this program error I have created another fill pattern and another plywood family to make a vertical plywood detail component.  Is this the best way or only way to do this?

Chris

Message 8 of 10
kfielding

Hi,

I am not saying that this is the best method, however I have seen someone, I can't recall where creating a Detail family with a array to represent the hatch.

This would allow the plywood to be rotated in any direction as it is not necessarily a hatch.

I have not tested this out on a real project, so I wouldn't know what the performance hit would be for having hundreds of these blocks in the model.

Just a thought though if the fill patterns don't work out for you.

K

Kevin Fielding
BIM Manager, AEW Architects
Manchester, UK

If my post solves your issue, please accept this as a solution and give me a thumbs up!
Message 9 of 10
dbroad
in reply to: kfielding

What is it going to take to light a fire under the development team to get this flaw fixed?  Detail hatch inside components should have the option to rotate with the component.  Plywood is especially bad.  This is a selling feature of ArchiCAD that should have been addressed many releases ago.  This should not require model hatch patterns or special gimmics to work.

It's impossible to add a model hatch with hatch line spacings of 1/8" for example.  The system rejects that spacing as too dense regardless of the actual intended scale. 

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 10 of 10
SSchroeder

Has anyone been able to figure this out? I'm still having issues figuring out how to rotate a model fill pattern, but I'd like to hope it's possible now that we are in 2022. Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report