Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help... Setting up Formulae in Revit.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
319 Views, 1 Reply

Please help... Setting up Formulae in Revit.

Hi..

We are trying to set up a template for our Sustainability calculations...
Essentially I was able to create required schedules with added parameters and calculate percentages for the total values etc...

But I am not sure if Revit would let me insert certain algebraic formulae....like

Glazing factor calcuation...

[ Window Area(SF) / Floor Area (SF) ] x Window Geometry x [ Actual T / Minimum T ] x Window Height factor...

The above is a basic formula with values few taken from the schedule and few constant...

What would be the best way to set this formula in Revit sothat it takes the values from the project shcedules and do the calculation
and give the result onto the Sheet View.

How do we handel general Sustainability Calcuations ? Should we use excel for calculations and key in the values into Text on our sheet ?

I hope you got the picture of what we are trying to acheive.... Any suggestions regarding this would be higly appreciated...

Thank you

Kesari
Syntec
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Revit has a good capability for adding formulas to values in schedules. However, this is relatively simple when you need to do calculations within a certain type of schedule, such as a window schedule. It's not simple when you need to mix data from different types of entities, such as Windows and Floors, and other things. One possible solution is to extract data to Excel from separate schedules, and continue the calculations in the spreadsheet.

Or, you might be interested in looking at Autodesk Ecotect Analysis, at this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=12602821

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com
http://www.planta1.com
Online Revit Training

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report